[SOLVED] Basket approval email

13 years 8 months ago #138731 by msargent
[SOLVED] Basket approval email was created by msargent
I currently have a Joomla/Community Builder site that has 70+ paid users that each need to renew annually. Its coming close to renewal time and I would like to utilize CB Subs to put a subscription system in place. The current setup involves offline payment (payment by check), email confirmation and moderator approval when the check is received in order for registered users to gain access. CB Subs seems like the way to go but I'm running into a few issues:

After a new registrant clicks the pay offline button and they click the link "Click here to confirm that you are paying off-line and to display the Payment slip to print" a transaction appears in the payment basket. That works fine. However, there seems to be no obvious way to fire an email to an admin when a transaction lands in the basket. With one of the workflows I'm testing this would be a dead stop in the process unless an admin happened to check the basket everyday for new transactions.

I attempted to set up a Dummy gateway to test credit card transactions but when I click the visa or mastercard links I get the unable to connect error message.

The customizable invoice only seems to apply to creditcard/paypal transactions. I am unsure of how to customize the payment slip for offline transactions. I think I read somewhere that installing the language plugin and modifying the language file will allow me to make these changes but I can't find any of the areas to edit. If I could edit the contents of p id="cbpaidReference" that would probably be enough.

My Questions:

1. Is there an easy/obvious solution to sending an email to an admin when a transaction lands in the basket?

2. Is there a way to automatically approve each transaction that hits the basket with offline payment? And if not could basket items be approved in the front-end? It would be nice if I could continue to use front-end moderator approval and not have to dig deep into the backend to approve a basket item.

3. Any suggestions on how to get the dummy gateway working when the links yield Unable to Connect? This may be an SSL issue unrelated to CB Subs but wanted to see if anyone had any insights.

4. Any idea how to customize the offline payment slip? Making changes to the customizable invoice are not providing results.

5. Will Paypal payments automatically approve in the basket if the transaction completes successfully or does an admin have to manually approve each transaction?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/30 15:21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #138787 by msargent
Well, I figured out #4.

To edit the offline payment slip you have to install the language plug-in.

Then you have to edit the file YourSiteRoot/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish/english.php

I was even able to hide portions of the slip by editing the css: YourSiteRoot/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.css

example:

#cbpaidReference {
display:none;
}

13 years 8 months ago #138854 by krileon

1. Is there an easy/obvious solution to sending an email to an admin when a transaction lands in the basket?

When a payment is complete, yes. This can be done using the CBSubs Email integration and customizing it to email an admin or admins.

2. Is there a way to automatically approve each transaction that hits the basket with offline payment? And if not could basket items be approved in the front-end? It would be nice if I could continue to use front-end moderator approval and not have to dig deep into the backend to approve a basket item.

No, payment baskets must be paid manually from the backend for Offline payments. We will be working to allow Offline Payments to be automatically active via an admin controlled parameter for a later release.

3. Any suggestions on how to get the dummy gateway working when the links yield Unable to Connect? This may be an SSL issue unrelated to CB Subs but wanted to see if anyone had any insights.

Unable to connect? Could you please provide more details for this issue. You do not need SSL for Offline payments.

5. Will Paypal payments automatically approve in the basket if the transaction completes successfully or does an admin have to manually approve each transaction?

Yes, payment gateways other then Offline will automatically active upon receiving payment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #138994 by msargent
Thank you for your prompt response. And by the way CB Subs is a great extension. It really covers a ton of subscription scenarios. It just takes some time to dig into the complexity of it.

1. I was able to use CBSubs Email integration to send an email when payment is complete. Unfortunately, it seems that there's no way to send out an email when a transaction hits the basket. So like I said there's no easy way to notify admins that a recent transaction happened unless they just check the basket on a daily basis. Hopefully my client will be willing to migrate from pay offline to Paypal payments entirely then we won't have to worry about manually checking the basket.

2. I look forward to the improvements on this later release.

3 and 5. This is no longer an issue because I was able to get the Paypal sandbox payment gateway to work. After some tweaks to the settings I was able to get subscribers to come back with automatic completed status. This has been working great so far.

I started a new thread with a different issue I'm stuck on: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,85/func,view/catid,88/id,138993/#138993

13 years 8 months ago #139045 by krileon

1. I was able to use CBSubs Email integration to send an email when payment is complete. Unfortunately, it seems that there's no way to send out an email when a transaction hits the basket. So like I said there's no easy way to notify admins that a recent transaction happened unless they just check the basket on a daily basis. Hopefully my client will be willing to migrate from pay offline to Paypal payments entirely then we won't have to worry about manually checking the basket.

We're planning to add "Pending" triggers so such things will be possible, but that won't be until a future release.

I started a new thread with a different issue I'm stuck on:

Have replied to your other thread, closing this one as solved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn