how to correct a wrong subscription?

13 years 6 months ago #140902 by wgary
Hi,

I have configured 5 parent plans:
1. Free community - not upgradeable
2. - 5. paid subscriptions (upgradeable)

The idea is, that the normal users can use the free plan. After a while they are able to upgrade to an paid subscription. This works fine.

Some times, a user subscribes a paid plan just by error. So the administrator should be able to correct this by delete the paid subscription and select the 1. free subscription for that user.

But this is not possible, as the free plan is not shown in backend for admins.

Please advise how to handle this issue.

br Wolfgang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #140922 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:how to correct a wrong subscription?
Does the plan appear as an option when creating a new user from backend?

13 years 6 months ago #141011 by wgary
Replied by wgary on topic Re:how to correct a wrong subscription?
Yes, I have tested it. For a new user also the free plan (not upgradable) will be shown.

br
Wolfgang

13 years 6 months ago #141023 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to correct a wrong subscription?
It's not showing in backend because you've set it as non-upgradeable. It's considered an upgrade when moving from 1 plan to another (they selected the paid plan, whether they paid or not doesn't matter, the basket and such exists now). You need to set your free plan as upgradeable.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/31 16:49

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #141126 by wgary
Replied by wgary on topic Re:how to correct a wrong subscription?
Hi krileon,
but that is what I do not want!

If a normal User makes a mistake and takes a wrong plan an admin should be able to correct this.

And normal users should not be able to "upgrade" to the free plan.

Maybe this will be a helpful feature for future releases, where frontend and backend privileges will be splitted to fullfil normal support processes to correct wrong settings.

br
Wolfgang

13 years 6 months ago #141185 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to correct a wrong subscription?
Not sure what to advise, this is how it's designed. Once the basket and such has been established it is considered an upgrade. A good approach is to remove your paid plans from registration so all they can obtain at registration is free then subscribe after registered to paid?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/02 21:00

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn