[SOLVED] Permissions quandry

13 years 5 months ago #145499 by dibaggio
Replied by dibaggio on topic Re:Permissions quandry
My mistake... let me recap

After doing what you suggested I went into a user profile and tried applying the NCR type membership and it took! that's good.

Then I went to the front end hoping it would now show this user profile. I happened to be logged in through the front end and didn't realize it so when I saw the profile I thought it was fixed. But the priofile is viewable when registered, still not viewable from the public front end.

Can I possibly have you take a look at this? Have to present next Wednesday to the board (for various reasons this has taken 9 months so they are quite edgy). I'll be trying to work it out but could really benefit from your help.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #145500 by dibaggio
my mistake again... applying the free subscription does not stick after all. In fact when I hit save the user: edit: membership renewal page it does not reload at all.

My internet connection has been spotty and the application is working slow despite adding memory to PHP.

13 years 5 months ago #145523 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Permissions quandry
Don't fully understand your issue. So adding a subscription via backend is not working? Please provide detailed explanation of your issue as well as PM me backend login credentials so I may take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145537 by dibaggio
Thanks!

I am able to add members in the back end. Let me try to explain what I am striving for.

test46.tobinhill.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&listid=5&Itemid=221

This is a list created by querying a field in user profiles that that is "NCR Business? YES/NO" and it is comprised of:

1) paid business members (small, medium and large plans) and

'2) free, registered businesses that submit a form to be added to the NCR list but that require authentication by my client.
The form is here:
test46.tobinhill.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=7&Itemid=244

When I click on users in this lis, if the user has a paid status (DiBaggio Design) it will show profile details.

If the user has a free status (1st Credit Loans) I get a blank screen.

If I am logged in through the front end I get user details for 1st Credit and free users but only when logged in.

The goal is for the public to be able to see profile details for all users in the NCR list, paid or not.

It could be that my method is not right, maybe I should be assigning NCR as a membership level and make the list from members of this plan. But I don't know how to assign 2 memberships to a user so I opted for a checkbox to cull the NCR list.

Plus, when I try to assign the "NCR" (free) group to a user and it still does not stick.

Can you tell me how to PM you? Thank you.

13 years 5 months ago #145539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Permissions quandry
I see, there's a permissions issue somewhere. The profile is loading, but none of the fields are. Please check that the tabs those fields are on are set to public and published. If you protect a users profile with a plan though it will require to be logged in and subscribed. PMs are sent by clicking the green person at the bottom left of any of my posts to go to my profile; you can then send a PM from there by using the CB Menu on top of my profile.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/04 20:44

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145545 by dibaggio
Login was PM'd through allmysocials.

Looks like the "Business Info" tab was set to "Everybody"

The "Member Info" tab was set to "Registered" and I changed it to "Everybody"

Still a blank page. I will be back on this in one hour. I have a demo to do.

Thanks again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds