Downgrading to cancel a recurring plan

13 years 3 months ago #150035 by startup
Hello,

And a happy new year to everyone.

I am trying to configure a plan setup with recurring payments for auto renewing plans. Users can stop this by downgrading to a free plan. If they don't downgrade, then their current subscription renews. Or at least that is my intention.

Background:

I have the following set-up with three plans:
i) free lifetime subscription plan
ii) monthly plan for 10e
iii) yearly plan for 100e

i) is available at registration.
ii) and iii) only after registration (= holders of the first plan)

All 3 plans are on the same 'top' level (i mean none are children plans of each other).

All plans are set as exclusive.

All plans are set as allow upgrade to.

All plans are set to propose spontaneous upgrades.

The plan i) is not auto-renewable (i.e., single payments at a time) because it's a lifetime plan.

The plan ii) is renewable 1x for one month in advance.

The plan iii) is renewable 1x for one year in advance.

ii and iii) are configured as automatically recurring plans (and connected to PayPal as processor)

My questions:

A) is there a way by which my users can see their recurring subscriptions somewhere in the CB community and also cancel them directly in CB without having to put a stop to their payments in their PayPal accounts? In their subscription settings, it only shows 'renew buttons' and not 'cancel' buttons for plans they have.

B) The basic free plan (i) does not always show up in user profiles. Some users (not sure why not all users) don't see the basic plan as an option to 'upgrade to'. Actually it is not really an upgrade, but a downgrade, which is what they can do (or should be able to do) to cancel an on-going auto-recurring monthly or yearly plan. Does anyone know what the basic plan does not show up consistently?

My main concern is that since I want plans to auto renew unless canceled, I, of course, do want to make it very easy for users to cancel them. (By downgrading to the free basic lifetime plan everyone gets at registration). If there is another way of making this, I would be very happy to use that as well.

Thank you!

PS I remember seeing a setting in backend to propose only a plan only for upgrade when it's more expensive. Searching for it now though, I don't seem to be able to find it anymore. Could this be the reason why it's not consistently shown to people? But all plans cost the same to everyone. I just wanted to mention it for completeness.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150105 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Downgrading to cancel a recurring plan

A) is there a way by which my users can see their recurring subscriptions somewhere in the CB community and also cancel them directly in CB without having to put a stop to their payments in their PayPal accounts? In their subscription settings, it only shows 'renew buttons' and not 'cancel' buttons for plans they have.

Yes, but recurring subscriptions paid through paypal still must be canceled through their paypal account however CBSubs will send them there. You should see cancel buttons. If you do not please check within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Unsubscribe to ensure the parameter Show Unsubscribe buttons: is set accordingly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150272 by startup
Replied by startup on topic Re:Downgrading to cancel a recurring plan
Hi Krileon,

Thank you for your fast response. I checked and the settings were as you said. Unfortunately, there is no cancel buttons anywhere :(

Instead, it shows on a user's profile as follows:

Below the subscription plan with the green check mark (the one a user is subscribed to), it shows the plan's headline, the plan's description, and then below all that '1 year Active, expiring on 01/04/2012, auto-renewing'

and then come the other plans under section headlined:

'Your current subscription upgrade possibilities'

with plans' headlines, descriptions, etc. each with a radio button

and below all of that, a single 'Upgrade' button.

Any further ideas?

Thanks!

13 years 3 months ago #150325 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Downgrading to cancel a recurring plan
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look. Something is misconfigured causing the unsubscribe buttons not to show.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn