Restrict a Profile based on Plan

13 years 1 month ago #155604 by devurge
Restrict a Profile based on Plan was created by devurge
Did some searching on this forum, and couldn't quite find what I needed.

To elaborate some more on the subject, I have 3 plans. The first plan is the only one that gets a Profile. I am trying to use CB profile Pro in conjunction with CBsubs.

I gathered from a previous post on here something about creating a field that got a value assigned to it by each plan. I've done this, however, I'm drawing a blank as to how to actually implement the "check" if you will. I assigned each plan a number that is assigned to the field for each member. 1, 2, 3.

At the very least, if you aren't in the plan that gets a profile, I would like a message to show "We're sorry but this plan does have access to a profile" instead of showing the profile. Perhaps I can use the {SHOW_FOR} or {NOT_SHOW_FOR} is some way.

I don't know if this is the proper way of going about this. I did see somewhere in the backend the ability to set plans to different user groups, but I'm not sure how that would affect the current members and/or how that would help in this situation. I still need to do a "check" on the user level instead of a field.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 weeks ago #155739 by devurge
Replied by devurge on topic Re: Restrict a Profile based on Plan
Nothing?

Should I hardcode an IF statement and on this template page manually doing a DB call to check the CBSubs's value for plan?

13 years 4 weeks ago #155758 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Restrict a Profile based on Plan
I do not know how CB profile pro works so my answer is purely CB based.

With CBSubs you can selectively hide any tab or fields based on CBSubs plan subscribed to.

So you can - in theory (i haven't tested) - hide all tabs or a profile.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn