[SOLVED] How to propose offline payment only for some plan?

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 4 days ago #157331 by vincimoz
Hello,

I would like to propose also off-line payment but not for all plans.
In my case, for my monthly subscription plan (dedicated to recurring payment), I don't want subscribers can select off-line payment (I want they can select only on-line payment).
Until now, I didn't see yet how to do that (my configuration: CB 1.3 & CBsubs 1.1.2).

Could anybody explain me if it's already possible with CBsubs and how to do it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Vincimoz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157441 by krileon
To limit a payment gateway to a specific plan you need to change the "Owner ID". This is seen at the bottom of the payment gateway when editing from backend. It's also seen on the Pricing tab of your plans. Setting the Owner ID for gateway AND plan to 1 would result in the plan only having that gateway available and vise versa.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157476 by vincimoz
@krileon,

Thanks a lot for this explanation.

I tried it and that works fine for Owner ID using only one value that allows to manager simple cases like plan associated to only one gateway payment.

In fact, my need is a little bit more complex.
For the moment, I have 4 plans and 2 payment gateways that I need to use like that:
Monthly: PayPal (Recurring payment)
1 Year priceA: PayPal & Off-line (single payment)
1 Year priceB: PayPal & Off-line (single payment)
1 Article: PayPal (single payment)

Is it possible to use Owner ID with several values ? If yes, what is the syntax supported?

Moreover, I didn't see how to allow access only to the article selected by user. Is it possible?
(Waiting to found the appropriated solution, I let a complete access of 1 day to all content)

Regards,

vincimoz

13 years 1 month ago #157561 by krileon

Is it possible to use Owner ID with several values ? If yes, what is the syntax supported?

No, owner id is in its basic stages and only a single ID can be supplied. If you need a gateway to be shared between 2 plans. but those 2 plans have different owner ids then you'll need to duplicate your gateway and have 1 for each owner id.

Moreover, I didn't see how to allow access only to the article selected by user. Is it possible?

I don't understand what you mean by this, could you provide more details please?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157627 by vincimoz
@krileon,

Thanks a lot for this explanation.

subject 1) Concerning Owner ID: Thanks for this solution.
In my case, I need to create 2 more offers for each offer proposing 2 payment gateways:
Monthly Online (owner ID=0): PayPal (owner ID=0)
1 Year priceA Online (owner ID=0): PayPal (owner ID=0)
1 Year priceA Offline(owner ID=1): Off-line (owner ID=1)
1 Year priceB Online (owner ID=0): PayPal (owner ID=0)
1 Year priceB Offline(owner ID=1): Off-line (owner ID=1)
1 Article Online (owner ID=0): PayPal (owner ID=0)
In order I can optimize in next future plans number, could you tell me which CBsubs release will support several Owner ID management? (possible to select several Owner ID per plan)

subject 2) Concerning a plan for accessing to only one content item selected by end-user, please see my explanation below:
My website is a professional newspaper and I need to launch very quickly all payment modes simultaneously (as soon as ready in fact).
All introduction part of the content item are free but most complete content items will be with restricted access requiring payment access, either by subscribing (for one year with single payment or with monthly payment), or by purchasing access - expiring after 24h - to only the article chosen by end-user (it's the goal). My issue is I didn't yet identify how I can set CBsubs in order to allow restricted access to only one content item selected by end-user.
Could you tell me how I can proceed?
If this feature is not yet available, could you tell me which next CBsubs release will provide this feature?

I hope I was clear in my explanation.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

vincimoz

13 years 4 weeks ago #158240 by krileon

In order I can optimize in next future plans number, could you tell me which CBsubs release will support several Owner ID management?

I don't know if CBSubs will ever support multiple IDs and if it will I can't say as to when, sorry.

Could you tell me how I can proceed?

You can't, there's no way for a user to select a specific article they want access to. This is all configured by you when editing your plans and selecting which articles should be protected by those plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn