Payments divided for single plan

12 years 11 months ago #160067 by JBDXLT123
Payments divided for single plan was created by JBDXLT123
Hi CB Team,
My client has requested something I can't find in the forums:
They would like to offer a Lifetime Membership (not free) that is broken into 18 easier payments. These payments would be monthly and recurring (yes Paypal is setup)until the 18th month after which they would have a lifetime access to restricted content.
Possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #160183 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Payments divided for single plan
Yes CBSubs can do this. First set "Regular Validity duration:" to 1 month. Once done set "Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price (0=unlimitted):" to 18. Now set "Action after last recurring (for limitted recurrings):" to "Subscription stays free for rest of lifetime".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #160321 by JBDXLT123
Replied by JBDXLT123 on topic Re: Payments divided for single plan
Hi Kyle,
Thanks for the quick reply.
That is exactly what I did- I guess where the confusion arises is over the whole Free Membership issue where CBSubs will automatically create default non-access free subscriptions.
So, "Subscription stays free for rest of lifetime" does not mean the type I've described above?

BTW, I'm still getting those default free subscriptions at about one per week. I've not narrowed it down but I suspect it has to do with server (either mine or PayPal) timeout problems as users are clearly filling out extra cb fields (yes, I have Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions):Set to No).

12 years 11 months ago #161115 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Payments divided for single plan

So, "Subscription stays free for rest of lifetime" does not mean the type I've described above?

This basically means after the final renewal their plan would remain active for lifetime.

BTW, I'm still getting those default free subscriptions at about one per week. I've not narrowed it down but I suspect it has to do with server (either mine or PayPal) timeout problems as users are clearly filling out extra cb fields (yes, I have Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions):Set to No).

Do you also have no free lifetime plans available? Not understanding the issue. If a user cancels payment of something of the sort after registration then they'll fall back to CBSubs hidden default free plan. If you have free registrations disabled then their access will be Blocked and can not login and use the site. To prevent this you need to allow free registrations otherwise it is working as intended. Attempting to login should result in a subscription page being shown requiring them to subscribe to a plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn