CB Subs and JoomlaLMS

12 years 10 months ago #166174 by agouldtdc
CB Subs and JoomlaLMS was created by agouldtdc
We use the JoomlaLMS component to deliver e-learning and have installed CB Subs in the hope that it will overcome a "challenge" that we have with JoomlaLMS. However I am struggling to determine how CB Subs should be configured so am hoping for some advice!

JoomlaLMS lists a range of courses. These can be paid for individually or in groups. The major problem is providing access to a group of courses for a specific period e.g. 365 days. Whilst the LMS allows you to create a subscription for a group of courses for a given period, the moment a course is added to that subscription it extends access to all the courses. For example we could create Subscription A that provides access for 365 days to courses 1, 2 & 3. A client subscribes on 1 January 2011 and the courses would then be available until 31 December 2011. However if we added course 4 to Subscription A on 1 June 2011 the LMS extends access to all the courses until the end of May 2012. That is not what we want. It should expire access to all courses on 31 December 2011.

I hope that CB Subs can overcome this as well as provide other useful features like automatic renewal etc. However I am not sure how we can list courses for individual purchase via the LMS (or VirtueMart - this can be integrated with JoomlaLMS) but also automate enrolment to courses if a client chooses to have a CB Subs plan. If a client takes out a CB Subs plan s/he will need to be automatically enrolled in the LMS course. I assume this could be done with an SQL action that would need to enrol the user in all the courses in the plan, but is this feasible and what would happen when we add a new course to the subscription because all plan members would need to be enrolled in the course?

I hope I have explained this well and welcome advice.

Andrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166380 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs and JoomlaLMS
Have responded to the below duplicate thread in support boards; others with similar issues please review the below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/166321-cb-subs-and-joomla-lms#166379

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds