Fall-back plan

14 years 11 months ago #95549 by guidoterhorst
Fall-back plan was created by guidoterhorst
I have a site on which members can gain points by doing stuff. With those points, they can then "order" services and products in a VM shop.

I need some automatic plan subscription in case the membership is expired or cancelled, in order to give them an extra period for using their points in the shop.

Since there are no hidden or automatic plan subscriptions, its almost impossible to achieve this.

Any idea´s??

Thanx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #95550 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Fall-back plan
Grant period doesn´t function for me, because all other privileges associated with the account need to be discontinued on expiration immediatly.

Thanx

14 years 11 months ago #95559 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re:Fall-back plan
Could you set up a base plan with FREE membership as the default. At this point they will not have any credits to spend.

They then upgrade to paid membership and earn points.

Once their membership expires I think they go back to the FREE plan.

So long as the free plan allows access to the facility to spend points then this could work.

Hope this helps.

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

14 years 11 months ago #95903 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Fall-back plan
Thanx for thinking along.

Problem is, that I don´t want my customers to have to upgrade once or twice to get the proper rights. Also, I´m running into time schedule problems in this way. I can´t set a remaining fixed time of three months on shopping subscription after expiration (or unsubscription) of the others.

Fall-backplans are ideal for fasing out unsuscribed members step by step, without simply killing them.

That´s a neccesary feature for a lot of businesses.
(think of photographers who want their clients to remain able to access their photo´s some period after subscription expires, or like me, build-up credits to be used, or any other real subscription type business where you want to support youre subscribers after expiration of main payed membership.

hidden plans linked to subscription of other plans would do most of the job, or fall-back plans. Think one of them should be enough.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds