Free Subscriptions

14 years 10 months ago #97151 by lindseycreative
Free Subscriptions was created by lindseycreative
Hi,

We would like to be able to give away free 1 year subscriptions. Is there a way for the user to register without paying then have the admin apply the free membership?

Currently:

Allow Free Registered Users: no
Create Subscription also for free lifetime plan: yes

Registration page shows 2 plans both paid plans
user must select one of these plans

Workflow:
User registers but does not selects no plan

Admin then confirms user and applies free subscription

registration page would not display free subscription plan

Thanks,

JOhn

Post edited by: lindseycreative, at: 2009/04/30 01:08

I don't know if I know anything

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #97257 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Free Subscriptions
lindseycreative wrote:

Hi,

We would like to be able to give away free 1 year subscriptions. Is there a way for the user to register without paying then have the admin apply the free membership?

You can always not show the plan during registration and manually provision it from backend. If you visit someones profile in CB User Management and manually subscribe this user to a plan, then user will become registered without paying of course.

14 years 10 months ago #97264 by lindseycreative
Replied by lindseycreative on topic Re:Free Subscriptions
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your time. I have tried this and the plan does not show up in subscriptions under the profiles. Attached is a image of my plans.

Thanks you,

John

I don't know if I know anything
Attachments:

14 years 10 months ago #97269 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Free Subscriptions
the "Access" level for your plan is "Manager", so the user would have to be a "Manager" for this plan upgrade to become visible on his user-edit subscription tab, also in backend.

To do what you want to do, you would need to make that plan "Allow access from site frontend:" set to NO, and keep access level public or registered.

Alternatively, you would not even need that plan as you could have the user register without paying to the normal plan, then just go into backend user-edit and checkmark "Pay now" for that plan and save user. That will not ask the admin to pay, but simply activate the plan without accounting for the payment.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds