Different Title/Desc for 1st and regular periods

14 years 11 months ago #97897 by carlosleon0615
Different Title/Desc for 1st and regular periods was created by carlosleon0615
Hi,

First of all, wow, what a great component!! Congratulations and Thank you for developing this!

I wonder if the following is possible. I configured CBSubs so users have to select a plan upon registering. All my plans are set to auto-renew and offer a Free trial period.

I would like for the plan title and description to be slightly different depending on whether a user has already had the free trial.

Example of the workflow/wording:

User X subscribes for the 1st time

Plan Title: Gold Membership with FREE 3-DAY TRIAL
Plan Description: You get FREE full access for 3 days. You can cancel before you trial expires and you will NOT be billed. If you enjoy your subscription, do nothing and you will be automatically charged on a monthly basis or until you cancel.

Same user X cancels subscription, then wants to subscribe again
Plan Title: Gold Membership
Plan Description: You get full access for a month. If you enjoy your subscription, do nothing and your subscription will be automatically renewed at the end of each month. You will be able to cancel at any time.

Is this possible?

I think it is very important the ability to entice new users to subscribe by making it very obvious that a particular plan offers a free trial. And also to reassure them that they will be able to cancel it at any time.
However, if I hard-code that within the description of a plan, the description is NOT accurate for users that already had the free trial.

Ideally we'd be able to specify a title and description for the "first period pricing" that can be different than for the "regular plan pricing".

Since this doesn't seem to be possible currently, please consider it as a feature request.
However, in the meantime, do you have any suggestions/workarounds?

Thanks!

Carlos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #97912 by Rapunzl
Yes, you can do all of this, unless I'm missing something after a long day... CBSubs comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee also.
:)

One exception I'm not sure of is whether you can do the different price for resubscription. Usually this is either prorated or starts over with the same terms.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/05/07 04:05

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 11 months ago #97966 by carlosleon0615
Replied by carlosleon0615 on topic Re:Different Title/Desc for 1st and regular periods
Rapunzl wrote:

Yes, you can do all of this, unless I'm missing something after a long day... CBSubs comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee also.

Thanks for your reply Rapunzl. I already purchased CBSubs over a week ago. So, my question was not whether or not that was possible but actually how to accomplish it as I haven't found a way to do it. I'm sorry if I was not clear.

What CBSubs currently does:
a) For New Subscribers
At the bottom of every subscription it states the terms. For example, for new subscribers it will say:
3 days for FREE, then USD 12.90 (≈ EUR 9.68) per month.

b) For User that already used the trial period
The terms of the same plan will now read:
USD 12.90 (≈ EUR 9.65) per month.
(Note that the "3 days for FREE" is not visible anymore which is correct)

The above works great. However, ideally in the above 2 cases the plan title and description would also be slightly different but this is what I do not know how to do. I do believe having the ability to specify different titles and descriptions for the very same plan in the above 2 scenarios is important as it allows to target new vs previous subscribers.

If anyone knows how to accomplish this, I'd be very grateful if you let me know how!

Thanks,

Carlos

Post edited by: carlosleon0615, at: 2009/05/07 15:14

14 years 11 months ago #98098 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re:Different Title/Desc for 1st and regular periods
Hi Carlos,

What if you create 2 plans - one with 3 days for FREE in title and one without. Make the FREE offer as only available on registration with no upgrade allowed.

When they unsubscribe they will not get offered that option again but instead they will see the second plan.

I have done this with a client who offers Bronze, Silver & Gold memberships. On first registration they are shown the first plan as Silver + Extras for £75 then Bronze = Free, Silver = £50, and Gold = £90. The offer plan states that the extras option is available as an upgrade at a later date at a cost of £45 above their plan cost - only available for Silver/Gold. Users see that they can sae £20 by buying the offer package. If they don't buy now they know it won't be offered again.

I hope this helps

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn