Internal Server Error When Saving SQL Action

14 years 6 months ago #113011 by mikm27
I'm trying to use SQL Actions to set the expiry date on plan activation (our membership plan runs until 30Sep2010 for everyone). This sql works in phpmyadmin:

UPDATE `jos_cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `expiry_date` = STR_TO_DATE('30.9.2010 23:59:59','%d.%m.%Y %k:%i:%s') WHERE `user_id` = [user_id];

But when I enter the sql statement in the SQL Action tab and press Apply, I get this internal server error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@outryders.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

The server error log has this error:

[Sun Oct 04 10:27:46 2009] [error] [client 67.189.145.16] File does not exist: /home/outryder/public_html/500.shtml, referer: outryders.org/sandbox/administrator/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=editPlugin&cid=511&table=plansbrowser&action=editrow&tid=1&cbprevstate=b3B0aW9uPWNvbV9jb21wcm9maWxlciZ0YXNrPWVkaXRQbHVnaW4mcGx1Z2luaWQ9NTExJmFjdGlvbj1zaG93dGFibGUmdGFibGU9cGxhbnM%3D

I did a global check-in but this had no effect.
Tried reinstalling the SQL Actions plug-in - also, no effect. (And made sure the plug-in is published).

Thanks for any help!

Post edited by: mikm27, at: 2009/10/04 16:48

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113030 by krileon
Try:
UPDATE `jos_cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `expiry_date` = 2010-09-30 23:59:59 WHERE `user_id` = [user_id];

Or:
UPDATE `jos_cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `expiry_date` = '2010-09-30 23:59:59' WHERE `user_id` = [user_id];

Not sure why you're trying to use a database function for a static date. Not all functions work outside of phpmyadmin and not all variables for a function work outside of phpmyadmin... some functions work entirely different outside of phpymadmin as well. This could be such a case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113084 by mikm27
I tried the two suggested sql statements but received the same internal server error when I click the Apply button. Could this be a problem with my installation rather than the sql statement? Is there any other info I can provide? Would access to my site be of help?

I guess a workaround would be to use phpmyadmin to update the expiration date for all members. But of course I'd rather get the sql action to work.

Thanks for any help.

14 years 6 months ago #113145 by krileon
Working fine on multiple test installs. Looks like something wrong with your site. Are you accessing your site with www.? The error shows no www. this could be an issue with rewriting URLs via htaccess or your web host panel.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113414 by mikm27
I was accessing the without www. But I tried again with www and received the same internal server error. My environment info appears below. Is there anything I can do or info I can provide to work through this? Thanks!

Environment info:
Environment
Joomla 1.5.14
CB 1.2.1
CBSubs 1.03

Apache Version: 2.2.13
MySQL Version: 5.0.81
OpenSSL Version: 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5
Operating System: CentOS release 5.3 (Final)
Perl Version: 5.8.8
PHP Version: 5.2.10
SSH Version: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3
cURL Information libcurl/7.19.5
ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.34

14 years 6 months ago #113456 by krileon
This is only happening with the SQL Actions plugin, correct? With it removed you're able to save plans perfectly fine once again? If so do any other plugins exhibit any of the same issues?

This error generally happens due to security or permissions. Check that your folder permissions are correct and check with your host if mod_security is throwing any errors.

No folder should be 777 permissions, 755 at most, but even 755 isn't entirely necessary. I believe 644 should be acceptable in most cases, but use 755 if your host permits it. Check plugin folder permissions, community builder component permissions, etc...

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/08 14:40

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn