Fixed Expiration Date on Renewal

13 years 8 months ago #136803 by cnorton
Fixed Expiration Date on Renewal was created by cnorton
Dear CB Subs Team,

I'm working on a Client's website and the Client has a fixed expiration date every year for members - namely September 1.

For example, a member renewing on August 1, 2010 and another member renewing late on October 1, 2010 should both expire on September 1, 2011.

A couple questions:

1. Do the activation statements fire on paid renewal? (From what I gather in the forums, they do. I'd like to confirm though.)

2. Is there anyway to create the sql statements so they don't need to be manually updated with the correct expiration year? (e.g., for members renewing right now, the expiration date should be September 1, 2011. Members can begin renewing 3 months in advance so on June 1, 2011, the expiration dates should be September 1, 2012.)

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,
Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #136819 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Fixed Expiration Date on Renewal

1. Do the activation statements fire on paid renewal? (From what I gather in the forums, they do. I'd like to confirm though.)

Yes, the firing status is very complex and is built of many different hierarchies, for example a plugin can fire on activation or deactivation and activation be anything from renewals, upgrades, to new activations. A plugin can also be designed to target a specific activation such as upgrades only, etc...

2. Is there anyway to create the sql statements so they don't need to be manually updated with the correct expiration year? (e.g., for members renewing right now, the expiration date should be September 1, 2011. Members can begin renewing 3 months in advance so on June 1, 2011, the expiration dates should be September 1, 2012.)

Yes, using CBSubs SQL Actions a query could be developed to change the users expiration date to be as you wish directly after subscribing. Please search as numerous methods and examples already provided to do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #136840 by cnorton
Replied by cnorton on topic Re:Fixed Expiration Date on Renewal
Thanks for the response. I was able to find some useful posts in the use cases forum. Just a couple quick follow-up questions:

1. Are the plugins you're referring to the same as the deactivation/activation fields under the integrations tab when you click on a plan after installing the SQL Action plugin?

2. Also, I did read that late fees aren't possible. Is that still the case?

Thanks for your help.

13 years 8 months ago #136878 by krileon

1. Are the plugins you're referring to the same as the deactivation/activation fields under the integrations tab when you click on a plan after installing the SQL Action plugin?

Yes.

Yes of course. MYSQL is very powerful and this is exactly what the SQL plugin provides is a direct access to fire queries based on various CBSubs events. It would be very possible to create a complex query to as you're wanting. You can review the MYSQL functions documentation here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #136892 by cnorton
Replied by cnorton on topic Re:Fixed Expiration Date on Renewal
Hi,

Thanks for the response, however my second question was "2. Also, I read that late fees aren't possible. Is that still the case?" (I think you may have answered my old question twice.)

Please let me know about the possibility of charging late fees.

Thanks again,
Chris

13 years 8 months ago #137035 by krileon

Thanks for the response, however my second question was "2. Also, I read that late fees aren't possible. Is that still the case?" (I think you may have answered my old question twice.)

Late fees? No, such a feature is not available with CBSubs. Users subscribe at their own leisure.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn