PAID - CAN'T DOWNLOAD - MONEY OFF ACCOUNT

14 years 8 months ago #103702 by beat
Yes, as said above in first reply:

This means Paypal is manually reviewing this payment. This review process can happen to any payment at any payments processing facility.

So the money is hold at paypal during the review. Not in your account and not in ours.

The review is to make sure that it's not a fraud, and that the account holder from which the money came is the same as the one that trying to pay us, or if not same, to make sure he agrees. It's easier for paypal to give back money it didn't give the merchant.

So calling Paypal with your transaction number and re-insuring them that you are also the card-holder or account-holder (if you really are ;) ) will lift the review, and unblock the payment.

Last few times, the review got closed and payment completed very soon after the payer hung up the phone, except once, where he used a corporate credit-card, and where the credit-card owner had to call too to approve.

It looks like a hassle, but at the end of the day, it lowers dramatically fraud on the Internet in everybody's interest, from a few % to a really insignificant number.

So, yes again, please call paypal to lift the doubts that triggered the review. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #103704 by beat
cdw2300 wrote:

Paypal just said that they will try to charge my account up to 3 times for that money. The bank account is empty and this is why I used my credit card. They say the CANNOT stop the payment. What the heck? How can you at least approve the credit card transaction? Again, the money is OFF my account already. I paid.

Paypal is not offering much help.

What do I do?

Looks like murphy law stroke again, and you didn't reach a very knowledgeable supporter...

No worry, from our paypal end we can refund any transaction and also cancel pending payments. :)

The only thing we can't do is approve payments in review.

The review on the Credit-card payment will eventually complete anyway. You should call them with the transaction number on that one, and forget the other eCheck payment (if you wish we can cancel it now).

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 8 months ago #103711 by cdw2300
Replied by cdw2300 on topic Paypal Nightmare - Thank God for Beat's Help!
Hey Beat, you have been very helpful; thank you.

Yes, what a nightmare. Could you please cancel the payment on your end? Not the one with the credit card but the one made first (the eCheck one)?

Thank you and let me know when this is done!

Waiting...

14 years 8 months ago #103715 by beat
cdw2300 wrote:

Hey Beat, you have been very helpful; thank you.

Yes, what a nightmare. Could you please cancel the payment on your end? Not the one with the credit card but the one made first (the eCheck one)?

Thank you and let me know when this is done!

Waiting...

Done !

In Paypal vocabulary:

"Payment canceled"

"You have successfully canceled this eCheck payment"

and now your eCheck payment has status "Denied".

In cleartext language:

If funds went out of your bank account they will find their way back into it in the next hours or days.

If they didn't go out of it, then...well...they won't go back either :D

We are now waiting for the review on your credit-card payment to be done.

Maybe you can now call paypal again and ask specifically about the credit-card payment review...Make sure to have your second transaction id at hand. I have emailed you also the Unique Transaction ID to the paypal email address from which you have paid with the credit-card.

So please check your email.

(fortunately we have such "Murphy-law" transactions only every few months)

14 years 8 months ago #103717 by cdw2300
Hey there,

I see the changes. Thank you! i hope the credit card goes through quickly.

I will let you know in case something else happens, but so far this is it!

THANKS!

c. ;)

14 years 8 months ago #103719 by beat
Please check your email (the one used to pay with credit-card). I sent you the unique numbers that you can use when calling paypal now to clear the review on that credit-card transaction review.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn