[#1363] Address not passing to Authorize.net

14 years 6 months ago #112204 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Address not passing to Authorize.net
allofnothing wrote:

...just to clarify, I'm trying to get the address fields to be available on the same screen as the CVC/CVV code. I think this is my final step and I'm ready to rock! Any hints?

You can't move it to that page. It's invoicing address, not billing/shipping address.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #112277 by allofnothing
Replied by allofnothing on topic Re:Address not passing to Authorize.net
OK, thanks for that info Krileon I was just trying to avoid the extra step of having my clients enter address info on one page, and then CC info on the next. Fewer steps to purchase means more conversions!

I have actually discovered a very similar, but more troublesome issue of CBSubs not sending the address info that I capture to Authorize.net.

I posted that one here...

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,110/id,112190/#112190

-allofnothing

14 years 6 months ago #112278 by krileon
CBSubs to my knowledge does not send address info to Authorize.net.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112279 by allofnothing
I am realizing that. Unfortunately, I went with Authorize.net only because it is the only option that CBSubs offers (for now!), but Authorize.net HIGHLY recommends (almost demands) capturing that address info. My merchant services provider will charge me MUCH higher rates if I don't capture that info and send it through the gateway. Is there any way this can be accomplished because I see this as a basic need to make any CBSubs powered site function properly, at least in the U.S. where the banks and CC companies have really tightened up on fraud.

Thanks!

-allofnothing

14 years 6 months ago #112287 by krileon
Why is Authorize.net your only option? We do also offer paypal, which is free except for the small % they take per sale. Which can be reduced even further by obtaining a higher account (business status). At this time it's being discussed to add billing address, but so far nothing has been completely agreed upon.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

14 years 6 months ago #112296 by allofnothing
I am very familiar with PayPal as I use their merchant services on a novelty Tshirt site that I own. They are a good option, or better yet, an "OK" option. Even with their "real" merchant services account they are more expensive. Also, they hold your funds more than twice as long as other providers, which rubs me the wrong way. And I think most importantly, PayPal is great for small, mom & pop style sites (like novelty Tshirt sites!), but it has a stigma of not being as professional as "real" CC processors. Whether that is correct or incorrect, I do know that conversion rate is everything and that Authorize.net logo tells users that not only is their transaction safe, the company charging them was able to qualify for the Authorize.net service, and the qualification for an online business was fairly grueling! I do agree that PayPal will probably be OK in 90% of applications, but in mine I need the professionalism of Authorize.net.

So... anyone care to help out a guy with very limited coding knowledge and a site that is ready to launch and try to make this work? *waits longingly and hopefully* Thanks!

-allofnothing

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn