URL sub-tab of Integrations Tab

14 years 6 months ago #111812 by DreamRaven
URL sub-tab of Integrations Tab was created by DreamRaven
Hi

Have just installed v1.03 of CBSubs and have a question which is related to the below (as is all interactions with CB currently) but maybe not totally...

As I have said before, I have a payment form up and running with my SagePay/ProTX account for taking initial memberships (more pressing than renewal ATM as they are annual memberships). I will run an SQL query on subscription start to tweak the CBSubs tables, adding them to a Plan and giving them a plan expiry date...

Whilst looking around the new installation and new documentation I tripped over the URL sub-tab on the Integrations tab.

Now, as I understand it from the documentation, this gives an ability to put in a URL to send the user on a choice of four actions. I am interested in the 'renewal' action.

My question is to do with when the renewal redirection occurs. I am expecting, but hoping against, that the renewal redirection occurs when the user has followed the whole process:
- chosen subscription,
- entered extra information if necessary,
- chosen payment provider,
- stepped through the payment processor steps,
- been returned to the system with a successful payment
- then taken to the URL entered in the sub-tab

Is there even a slight outside chance that the redirection occurs just AFTER they have chosen to renew to a particular subscription? Allowing me to integrate my payment processor by giving the URL for the processors bog-standard form entry? Making the steps similar to the above but slightly different:
- chosen subscription,
- entered extra information if necessary
- then taken to the URL entered in the sub-tab
- stepped through the payment processor steps,
- been returned to the system with a successful payment
- allowing my code to deal with subscription update and redirect them to wherever they need to go?

Again, if I am asking a question that has been answered before, please let me know where it has been. I did do a search for URL sub-tab but it didn't turn up anything that was exactly relevant.

Cheers
DreamRaven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #111817 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:URL sub-tab of Integrations Tab
Please read carefully:
CBSubs URL integration plugin: Provides paid URL requests or posts.

You've misinterpreted what the CBSubs URL plugin does. It does not redirect to URLs, it performs GET/XML/POST requests on a URL. This allows running scripts, inserting users into 3rd party systems, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #111820 by DreamRaven
Replied by DreamRaven on topic Re:URL sub-tab of Integrations Tab
OK

Thanks for clearing that up, I did read all the documentation that I could find, and it didn't make that clear. Could be my reading, could be your writing, could be a bit of both! :)

So, taking the below as read, there is still the question, WHEN does the POST/XML/GET occur? at the end of the whole process?

DreamRaven

14 years 6 months ago #111833 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:URL sub-tab of Integrations Tab
They happen exactly at the location you decide to use. If you use on activation then directly after a plan a subscription for that plan is activated, it fires. They're all considered onAfter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds