[SOLVED] IPN Paypal CBSubs

14 years 6 months ago #111922 by bengeey
[SOLVED] IPN Paypal CBSubs was created by bengeey
hi I've searched posts, and am not completely sure if the problem I'm having is resolved in the 'Cbsubs 1.0.3' update.

Even though Paypal sends a message to the user saying that they payment has been sent, I get the following error when people subscribe to the site:

'Sorry, payment has not been confirmed by Paypal (no IPN received). IPN must be enabled for auto-recurring payment subscriptions.'

I'm about to update to new CBsubs, but would very much appreciate if someone could let me know if this fixes the problem.

I fear that I may loose my client if I cannot resolve this issue as CBSubs has proved problematic on this front.

I really want CBSubs to work as I have high hopes of what you are all doing. I really like it - but it's got to work!?

I've read as much info as I can (all the manual plus posts) and configured things correctly as far as I can tell - 2 weeks free & then monthly subscription after that.

if anyone can offer help/advice on this issue that would be greatly appreciated. you'll save me from a nervous breakdown!

thanks

EDIT - I went through the IPN & PDP procedure with the client's Paypal account & configured everything as correctly, although I am wondering whether the URL in the 'IPN' Paypal box is correct... have updated to 1.0.3 - so far no success - (although I think there is an incorrect URL entered at the paypal end) .... I don't think this is a bug, just a problem with configuration, but any advice would be welcomed...

Post edited by: bengeey, at: 2009/09/22 21:22

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/25 14:17

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #111929 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:IPN Paypal CBSubs
Figure 176 of your 1.0.3 documentation - have you seen this?

Have you configured your paypal (or clients paypal) account this way?

14 years 6 months ago #111931 by bengeey
Replied by bengeey on topic Re:IPN Paypal CBSubs
hi nick,

as far as I can tell, yes.

I configured the paypal account as described in the
CbSubs 'Edit Payment gateway settings' page

the configuration was done (very carefully) over the phone; so I can't directly check at this moment (as I don't have login for the client's paypal account)

the only thing I can think of is that the URL is entered incorrectly:

http://(SITEURL).com/
rather than
http://(SITEURL).com/main/

(Joomla is installed in the 'main' sub-directory)

although CB SUBS STATES: (here too, not very important, as this software sends notification URL with each payment).

do you think the URL entered in paypals IPN preferences is the problem?

- thanks for reply btw - didn't see your reply at first

Post edited by: bengeey, at: 2009/09/22 21:41

Post edited by: bengeey, at: 2009/09/22 21:43

Post edited by: bengeey, at: 2009/09/22 22:17

Post edited by: bengeey, at: 2009/09/23 09:19

14 years 6 months ago #111933 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:IPN Paypal CBSubs
really difficult to debug if you dont have access to end user.

ask him to screenshot you his paypal settings.

14 years 6 months ago #111934 by bengeey
will do - thanks for your attention - will have to deal with this tomorrow ... thanks v.much

14 years 6 months ago #112088 by bengeey
UPDATE:

I am not able to upload screenshots at this point.

However, I have created an exact duplicate of the site in its current state, and run the subscription system through a paypal sandbox account, and everything is working fine in the test environment.

I'm about to go through things in detail with the client's live paypal account.

I have a few hunches about what could be altered, either removing site URLs completely from the paypal account settings, since 'CBSubs™ transmits the return URL to PayPal according to PayPal API'

or:

whether this has something to do with currency conversion?

I'm just guessing here, but I'll have a better idea when I can look at the live account.

I'll post my findings here

Post edited by: bengeey, at: 2009/09/24 14:03

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds