CBsubs Payment gateways API

14 years 5 months ago #112893 by loginz
CBsubs Payment gateways API was created by loginz
Hi,

I just would like to know if you have a release date in mind for this API, as we all need it I guess, for perfect integration on our websites.

I know it should be a huge work, but I just wanted to know to give some feedback to my client.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best Regards.

Andrew

Post edited by: loginz, at: 2009/10/02 10:52

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #112899 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
We are working on it.
It is our top CBSubs priority.

No estimated release date - sorry.

14 years 5 months ago #113823 by DreamRaven
Replied by DreamRaven on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
I suppose that the suggestion of releasing a decoded version of the IonCube processor files (as opposed to the rest of your protected code, that I would expect to be continued to be protected) would be possible?

This would give your existing desperate customers something to be getting on with, editing, tweaking, etc, etc. to fit their local situations (or get their country's most popular gateways up and running)

This would also speed up the development of extra processors for you to re-integrate, and therefore help you to leverage for further clients.

Obviously I am aware that the above is a simplistic view and there would be License agreements to be taken into account, along with developing new processor plugins along stringent CBSubs guidelines...

But, I, and my clients are getting desperate and it is obvious that I am not the only one...

Regards
DreamRaven

14 years 5 months ago #113827 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
I believe it's planned to release certain parts of CBSubs to the public (not encoded), but it has yet to be determined what parts and if this is the best approach. We're working on the API as diligently as possible, but there's only so many hours in a day. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, but we are aware of the situation and understand your frustration.

We do appreciate the suggestion, but it's just not entirely practical at this point. The reason the CURRENT API is yet released is due to it not being finalized, functions are changing, new functions added, etc... It would be a horrendous mistake on our part to release an API that is being changed rapidly, breaking everyone's custom integrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #113832 by DreamRaven
Replied by DreamRaven on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
Thanks for the response...

As it appears (and I know that I do not know what the clear code is, so this statement might well be naive) that the file cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php is all I need to slightly tweak to make it work for my gateway, I would love to have JUST that file decoded!

I know that this is my route, due to the fact that PayPal and my gateway use almost identical final processes to send the data, just a little rejigging of their formats (strings, delimiters and the obvious URLs and unique identifiers), so seeing the clear code of that page and re-encoding it, would be my solution!

New functions, different stuff wouldn't (shouldn't?) affect me as I would be using everything that the current file uses, just tweaking its output slightly.

I certainly appreciate the statement 'There's only so many hours in a day'! I use it on a weekly basis!

DR

14 years 5 months ago #113839 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
I do not know the details of said file, but such a release would need to be discussed. Paypal too is receiving changes to its gateway and if it were released publicly, then changed drastically it would again break integrations. At this time it would be and is more practical to simply use one of the provided payment gateways until the API is released.

I know it sounds like a broken record and repeating the same thing over and over again, but really the best alternative is let us finish the API so you can properly and safely integrate whatever payment gateway you need. It is our number 1 priority to complete the API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds