CBsubs Payment gateways API

13 years 9 months ago #136490 by jase@eem.tv
Replied by jase@eem.tv on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
I to want to kindly voice my utter consternation, distress and disappointment over the lack of a payment gateway.

I'm proposing and using your product for large professional sites, commercial organizations and associations. Some memberships are 25k+.

The lack of a payment gateway is ridiculous. It would be better if some of your code were open. I have been asking asking my clients to "wait" but you guys are always promising and always late. I have to tell my clients "I assure you this product is good, but this is the way they operate, we may have to wait 6 months to a year before we get anything."

This is unprofessional. If you do read this and want to respond, don't just get mad at me. What I'm saying is right. This is a paid product, you guys need to step it up and deliver soon.

Again, it may make you feel better to think "well, that guy just sounds irrational and doesn't understand." But... If you guys don't start learning to stick to a schedule and pull it together you're only hurting yourself. We're out here supporting your project.

Bust your tales and get it done. There are 100s of programmers out there that love your component and would be happy to jump in and code but you are not allowing that.

Its a serious problem you're going to have to recognize and solve. Please give me a firm deadline so I can relay that to my clients.

I'm going to be checkout out alternatives, even though CB is so versatile. I just don't have any other options. You could at least open up this part of CB just a tiny bit...

Again, disappointed, upset, think its unprofessional... You can get mad if you want but everyone out here is saying the same thing, please listen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136500 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API

The lack of a payment gateway is ridiculous. It would be better if some of your code were open. I have been asking asking my clients to "wait" but you guys are always promising and always late. I have to tell my clients "I assure you this product is good, but this is the way they operate, we may have to wait 6 months to a year before we get anything.

I understand your distress, but we precisely provide no release dates for this very reason. We've been hammered with this until users have squeezed a "Soon" out of us and that has of course caused disappointed because "Soon" is open to interpretation.

Some parts of CBSubs will be open by way of Triggers in CB plugins (this is how our integrations work). More code is being added to add more integration possibilities as well as an extensive API documentation is being prepared.

On top of that numerous bug fixes have been applied for next release (some miner and some crippling for some users). Next release is a rather large release and after which point we've discussed releasing smaller releases at more acceptable intervals rather then large releases as distanced intervals; all of which due to user feedback.

This is unprofessional. If you do read this and want to respond, don't just get mad at me. What I'm saying is right. This is a paid product, you guys need to step it up and deliver soon.

I would not call it unprofessional, but for better or worse we agree. I won't be making excuses for the delays aside from the truth. We're a three man team and working to the limit of our abilities pushing 50-60+ hour weeks constantly for the past few months, there's simply only so many hours in a day. We all have families and all have lives. We've had some delays that were professional and some delays that were personal, this is rather unavoidable, but apologize for anyway. I apologize we do not meet your expectations but assure you we are doing the best we can.

Again, it may make you feel better to think "well, that guy just sounds irrational and doesn't understand." But... If you guys don't start learning to stick to a schedule and pull it together you're only hurting yourself. We're out here supporting your project.

Understood, and we do have schedules but they're simply internal and they do change rapidly. Which is the primary reason we don't publicize them. We have discussed further however to do more smaller releases in order to accommodate users needs, which possibly will go in affect after CBSubs 1.1. As this idea was roughly discussed I of course can't provide a guarantee.

Bust your tales and get it done. There are 100s of programmers out there that love your component and would be happy to jump in and code but you are not allowing that.

It's simply an absolute risk to open CBSubs to 100s of developers, this is like asking Microsoft to release their source to 100s of developers. You must understand this IS a commercial product 1 in the same and opening the source is unacceptable. We've internal developers who do not even have access to CBSubs source, it is kept privately. Sorry if this is not acceptable, but we must protect a 2+ years development product. We're working as hard as we can to meet each and every users demands, again we do apologize for the delays.

Its a serious problem you're going to have to recognize and solve. Please give me a firm deadline so I can relay that to my clients.

Am sorry, but as for many of years now we still do not provide release times. It is simply not our responsibility to meet the expectations of every users Clients. If 1 client expected in yesterday and another client is fine with 1 more year would be a perfect scenario. We try our best to accommodate our customers, but again is not our responsibility to assure and accommodate our customers clients. CBSubs is very powerful and am confident something between you and your client can be worked out to be acceptable until what is requested has been provided; if that means using Paypal for 6 months or so then so be it; at least it is not sitting dormant for 6 months, correct?

I'm going to be checkout out alternatives, even though CB is so versatile. I just don't have any other options. You could at least open up this part of CB just a tiny bit...

You are more then welcome to look elsewhere, this is your choice and we will respect that of course. It's also possible to obtain a refund of CBSubs if within your 30 days money back guarantee.

Again, disappointed, upset, think its unprofessional... You can get mad if you want but everyone out here is saying the same thing, please listen.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and we certainly, respect, and listen to that opinion. Many of such opinions has shaped what CB and CBSubs is today as it continues to do so. Please however do not speak for our entire userbase as this simply is not the case as we do not disclose statistics of who our subscribers are.

Please if you have any further feedback would be more then happy to listen!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/24 21:24

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136907 by jase@eem.tv
krileon,

Thanks for your response. I just wanted to apologize. I was out of sorts and frustrated. CB is open source and the price point for CB Subs is good value. If it were $2000 I think I'd be more justified being upset.

I'm trying to work around the issue for now by using offline payments, linking folks to another CC payment form and asking them to come back and click "finish."

I do have a question though...

In CB Subs, is there an "onPaymentBasketSave" event? We're syncing CB with Sugar CRM. We use a CB plugin that monitors a save event to send over new signups and profile edits. We'd really like to be able to send over payment history to Sugar also. (crossing fingers here!)

I have a thought for the community.
If no one on your server is using yellowpay, hack your hosts file so that the domain for the yellowpay gateway loops back to a vhost on your server, then write a script that recieves the CC info in the yellowpay format, then translates it to process that info via your own CC processor THEN respond back to CB Subs AS IF you were YellowPay with the appropriate success/failure that you received form YOUR OWN processor. It's like a hijack proxy. ;) I can't see why this would not totally work.

13 years 9 months ago #136925 by DreamRaven
Replied by DreamRaven on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
Jase

I also concur on your statement about a good price point, but think that you also have every right to be 'somewhat' frustrated and upset, as I am also frustrated and upset, in a rational way (not a shouty, jumping up and down way, as that rarely gets anything done the way you would prefer it).

Things have been 'promised' in an open, seemingly never ending 'vapourware' attitude for something that I have purchased (and in my case, my refund point has well and truly passed, because I thought the 'soon' would come within it, but as we have seen, did not). Duke Nukem Forever, anyone? I truly truly hope not, and the attitude in general of the CB team suggests not, but we are reaching a year of me waiting...

The concept and functionality of the product works really well for the small amount of useable payment gateways (for me at least). I have tried to persuade my client to use PayPal (before I entertained CBSubs, even) and they have rejected every argument I have made. I also appreciate that it isn't the CBTeams responsibility to my deadlines and promises. But surely they should have responsibility to their clients (me, and many others)?

Anyhoo, I have said all of the above before and it doesn't appear to make much of a difference, so let's move on to the second part of your post.

Your concept of using YellowPay sounds intriguing and similar to something that I tried to action, but not successfully. I think my current installation may fall at the first hurdle as I do not think that I have the access to hack the hosts file on that server (it is a shared hosting situation), but it might be worth investigating.

Do you have any 'deeper' thoughts or 'instructions' or places to go that might give more light on the steps to investigate extending this idea?

DreamRaven

13 years 9 months ago #136943 by jase@eem.tv
Yes, there's no way you could do this on a shared hosting setup. You'd need to try and move to a VPS at best. You need to be able to set the ip address of gateway.yellowpay.com (or whatever) to your IP address in the linux hosts file. Then you need to create an apache vhost file (usually in /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/) that routes that hostname to a home folder on the server.
In that account you would put your "hijack" script and responder. A lot of effort but it would "seem" seamless to the user. Not something we're willing to do right now.

13 years 9 months ago #136987 by jthorness
Replied by jthorness on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
I work for Payments Gateway and would be more than happy to help out getting Community Builder linked in to our gateway.

Payments Gateway is connected to all the major credit card processors and we also support electronic check. Implementation using our Secure Web Pay product is very quick and easy and is also compliant with the PCI data security standards.

More information here: www.paymentsgateway.com

Let me know if there is any way I can help.

Best,

Jeff

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds