[#1180] Set Subscription Dates

14 years 5 months ago #116458 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Set Subscription Dates
The thread and request for even more flexibility in durations specification has been noted. Implementation task for that request hasn't been started yet, due to higher priority items being worked on.

We work by tasks and priorities, not by dates, with bug fixes having highest priority and popular requests too. So I can't give you a date and month with the best of my will.

Thanks for your understanding.

Request noted as

Nb. please don't start yet another thread for your request, it will only lower its priority, and loose further time before implementing it.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116503 by nextstep
Replied by nextstep on topic Re:Set Subscription Dates
What on earth is up with you guys?

Its six months since I put in the request for this.

Having left it alone for a considerable time, I ask a perfectly reasonable question "how far along this might be?"

To which I get an answer that tells me absolutely nothing. "Same Place"

(It had been "noted" as something to do when it was first requested.)

So my response to the "same plac"e was "Nowhere" and then you all want to get into a sematic debate about that.

I DONT want to waste your time, I just want a straight answer.

I want to see the thing done and I appreciate you guys get asked lots of inane questions (at times probably by me.)

However you unwillingness to simply adnit it hadn't been started when asked upfront casused this ridiculous and unnecessarily long thread that has wasted yours and my time.

Beat, I had no choice but to ask for a time because of the evasivenss of the other answers.

Thank you for your honesty and finally giving me a straight answer.

However, I am disapointed that I am being forbidden to ask how this request is progressing even if the answer is "It hasn't started yet." and if I do "it will lose priority" which I take it then you will move it further back.

To all concerned, Beat, Nick and Kyle, thank you for your responses but in future can you just tell it as it is and not beat around the bush (sorry about the pun)

The answer to my orignal answer is "where..." -- and as it hasn't been commenced it is "nowhere."

(& Nick before you reply again, I dsagree with you -- "nowhere" does not equal rejected. Rejected means rejected.)

PLEASE DO NOT respond to this thread. To do so will waste more of OUR time and I don't want to be punished by having my request given a lower priority.

I have the Committeee members of a professional society wanting to implement a subscription syste min their Joomla site and to which I have said... 'They're workin on it."

I will have to go back to them and say it hasn't commenced. And after the 'build up" I gave you guys I going to look pretty foolish.

Thanks

(and again please do not repond. Answer some important questions or put the time into at least starting my request.)

14 years 5 months ago #116505 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Set Subscription Dates
Replying to this thread isn't going to move your request, it simply means it takes away from development time. Albeit 5 minutes, 10 minutes, whatever the case; the point being the time can be directed more usefully.

As always we don't keep a constant timeline of what EXACTLY is going on. When it's noted it's noted and we'll get to it when we get to it. Our SVN is private for now, but we do have plans to open it up. You can see it in action with GroupJive, but even then users fail time and time to check the timeline, to add bug tickets, or feature requests, etc... So as far as the public test of the idea of an SVN, it's failing. If the community can't grasp its concept then it's 1 more step for us to have to manage with no means to its end.

I believe it could be speculated we're a massive corporate of 100 programmers, but that's just not the case. So it helps if the community can not expect features to be implemented yesterday. As simple as it may seam to add payment gateways it's not and adding payment gateways is far more important then this currently requested feature, which is high priority, but payment gateways are urgent.

Hopefully this can be understood and we can be more on a common ground. I did express this in my previous posts it was however, agreed, vaguely and for that I apologize. We've been hit with this question BEFORE your thread and clearly had been frustrated and it may or may not have been directed at you while obviously this is not just nor excusable we hope you too can understand our frustration and again apologize for this.

So the bottom line and straight forward answer is: We've not even started the new feature. Its request is in our SVN.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/10 02:02

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116508 by nextstep
Replied by nextstep on topic Re:Set Subscription Dates
Thank you for your response, and for all your assistance in the past and no doubt in the future.
Truly I understand and appreciate you guys are under constant pressure to do things and I don't want to waste your time. (being webmaster for a small association where computer illiterate members can't grasp the concept of logging in is frustrating enough.)

Again, in all seriousness... THANK YOU!
I really do appreciate CB and its crew.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds