Dutch files in preparation!

14 years 11 months ago #97994 by bllogin
Replied by bllogin on topic Re:Dutch files in preparation!
Joomla 1.5: Extensions, languages:

Both languages English and Dutch are selectable. Dutch has been selectes as default language for both the frontend as well as the Joomla admin.

I see both the frontend and the backend in Dutch so this has been set up properly.

CB:

Core: I installed the Dutch language pack and the site works fine in Dutch. Frontend only.

I do see the registration fields in Dutch so that is working fine too... Once CB subs gets to asking for the invoiceaddress I see the field names in English rather than in Dutch.

I am stumped.

Jos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98004 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Dutch files in preparation!
Just tried it:

line 340:

"Last Name" => "XLast Name",

(of english file) and I get XLast Name on the invoice - so it works ok.

14 years 11 months ago #98005 by bllogin
Now you have me confused: That would imply that I have to upload the Dutch language file as the english language plugin. That is not what the CB Subs manual says in section 11.2.

In the CB Subs plugin I have now a dutch language plugin AND the original English language plugin. There is a default language plugin that says .... (English) in the listing of the plugins. See the image I uploaded above.

Jos

14 years 11 months ago #98014 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Dutch files in preparation!
Best is to have 1 plugin by language, named accordingly, with correct XML file, zipped, installed and... published.

Do not modify English file. Nick just re-tested it to make 100% that string is translated.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #98017 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Dutch files in preparation!
Sorry, but there's a lot of talking here, and I'm missing the point.:)

Someone has taken the effort to translate the english laguage file to dutch, packed it, zipped it and all.

It doesn't seem to work however.

If the job isn't done properly, and there is a lot of work, that's another thing. But I assume this is a 15 minute job, improving the usability of the plugin.

Unfortuneately I can't program, so can't do it myself.

Anyway, either the instructions aren't clear, or there is a minor problem or misunderstanding to be sorted out.

Please take the time to fix this, so others (and myself) can take advantage of the work jos has done. thanx

14 years 11 months ago #98019 by bllogin
Both the XML file and the listing of the plugins have been posted before in this topic. Seems like we are beating around the bush here.

I have prepared the language file exactly according to the instructions in the manual section 11.2.

@beat: do I have to remove the subs_english plugin and will it work then? The language plugins cannot be unpublished as I tried that already.

If the XML file is suspect then please check. It is in this topic as well as an image of my plugins page.

As to the experiment by nant: I understand he changed one of the entries in the English language file. That seems to work but that is for making a minor change in the wording. Not for a complete translation.

@guido: it seems that the translation and localization instructions in the manual do not cover the reality. I may have done something wrong but I am still stumped at what that should be.

The language file is in this topic. Have you been able to make it work?

Jos

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds