[SOLVED] Problem with login form

14 years 10 months ago #102584 by blossomintl
[SOLVED] Problem with login form was created by blossomintl
Hello:

I am just testing CBSubs out and so I'm really unsure of what I'm doing and just started. I did read the manual (up to page 111 so far). I ran into the following error and was hoping it might be a user error and you could direct me as to how to fix it.

When I login to our site I have no problems but when I hit log out I get directed to a page that says:

404 - Component not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages
Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site

The site is currently not really public as our main site doesn't have any links to it and I'm just working out the kinks and still updating content/images but you can see the site here:
www.blossominternational.org/index/

I am running VirtueMart/JEvents/DTRegister so far and will be adding other extensions soon.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Michele

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/10 20:15
The topic has been locked.
14 years 9 months ago #102671 by blossomintl
Replied by blossomintl on topic Re:Problem with login form
I found a way to fix this. It looks as if there is an issue with the re-direct settings in the log in module. I change the Logout Redirection URL to / and it sends me to the home page with a url of:
blossominternational.org/index//

For some reason it won't let me leave the form blank and insists that it have something in it, hence the /. I change it to # and it works too but I don't know if this will work if a user is on a page that is not viewable to unregistered users.

Is there a way to make it so I can leave this field blank and have it auto re-direct to the home page without an error or is it alright to leave it as / since this seems to work too?

Sorry if I sound clueless--I am but persistent. :side:
14 years 9 months ago #102774 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Problem with login form
Yes, set it as index.php and that should do the trick.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
14 years 9 months ago #102827 by blossomintl
Index.php is how it was set when I was getting the errors actually. For some reason it tells me no component is found this is why I asked if there was a way to leave it blank.
14 years 9 months ago #102878 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Problem with login form
You should not be receiving errors. It would be wise to fix the errors presented in order to remedy the issue.

Please review the self help link in my signature and report back if resolved or with requested information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
14 years 9 months ago #103091 by blossomintl
I did read the manuals and do many searches on these forums and other forums, hence I figured out that the / instead of index.php fixed the problem.

In reading the link in your signature I figured I'd report another issue. I can't have Joomla registration turned off because I'm running Virtuemart and doing that gives me errors in registration of Virtuemart and after doing some searches I found that I had to keep Joomla reg marked as Yes instead of No. Apparently, according to CB forum, this is an issue with Virtuemart and not CB although I think this is a contradiction considering CBSubs touts that it has a plugin for Virtuemart. It would seem to me that plugin should work flawlessly alongside the other component or it should be advertised that it doesn't.

I've been spending a lot of time reading and fixing so I'm going to take a few days hiatus and just update the text/info on the site as it's now live. I'll figure the rest out and be back meeting your requirements if something goes terribly wrong. :silly:
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn