folder access protection not working

14 years 11 months ago #96592 by mcooper03
folder access protection not working was created by mcooper03
The folder I need to protect is located beneath my joomla install. www.homepcbuilder.com/members

If I set the type to joomla the path should be /members/

If I set an absolute path it would be /home/.jade/hpcb/homepcbuilder.com/members/

When I do this there are no errors, but the .htaccess and .htpasswd are not created in the folder.

The folder is still open. I am using a ftp program that displays .watchever files. Can someone doing support please look into this. I can give you joomla and ftp access if it helps.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96668 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:folder access protection not working
mcooper03 wrote:

The folder I need to protect is located beneath my joomla install. www.homepcbuilder.com/members

If I set the type to joomla the path should be /members/

If I set an absolute path it would be /home/.jade/hpcb/homepcbuilder.com/members/

When I do this there are no errors, but the .htaccess and .htpasswd are not created in the folder.

The folder is still open. I am using a ftp program that displays .watchever files. Can someone doing support please look into this. I can give you joomla and ftp access if it helps.

then just put

members

as directory, should work.

Of course folder needs to be writable by web-server.

Please feedback if that solved it :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96673 by mcooper03
Replied by mcooper03 on topic Re:folder access protection not working
I tried just members and looked at the ftp again. It looks like a customer who I imported to one of the plans logged in and it created a .htpasswd file in the members folder with his login name and encrypted password. There is no .htaccess file however so the folder is still open to the public. This was a plan that I had set to absolute and the full /home/.jade/hpcb/homepcbuilder.com/members/

So it is kind of working. I'm going to chmod the folder to 777, it is 755 right now, which should have been good enough. I'll do some more testing and report back.

14 years 11 months ago #96692 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:folder access protection not working
Ok, looking forward to your feedback. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96754 by mcooper03
Replied by mcooper03 on topic Re:folder access protection not working
Chmoding to 777 didn't seem to help. I created a new cb user so I could then assign it one of the subscription and see what happens. After choosing the subscriptions, enter the contact info and clicking save I got these errors at the top of the page.

Could not post errors to this forum, got 501 error from server. Please see attached errors.txt for error 1

The first one is complaining about the .htaccess file not being there. I created a blank .htaccess file in the folder but it didn't seem to help. Don't know what to put into it.

I then created a user without the error during the creation and imported it's user id into one of the subscription plans and got these errors.

Please see attached errors.txt file for error 2

I also tried unpublishing and republishing the folder access plugin. Then I uninstalled and re installed it. No help though. Not sure what else to try.

Post edited by: mcooper03, at: 2009/04/27 16:19

Attachment errors-16b6390e1b84e36cee2c4e50a5a515bf.txt not found

Post edited by: mcooper03, at: 2009/04/27 16:22
Attachments:

14 years 11 months ago #96784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:folder access protection not working
Issue: .htaccess not created upon import of users
Reason: no check was made to check and if need be create .htaccess for imported users
Resolution: function created to check and create if need be necessary .htaccess files in all scenarios

Should be available by next release. ;)

Keep in mind your directories need to exist PRIER to having access granted. The plugin does not create the directories. Only the .htaccess and .htpasswd files.

Mouse-over info icon next to the path in plan backend for examples. Select absolute or joomla based on your needs.

If absolute you need to provide just that. The absolute path. Example:

Localhost server with root of W:/
I want to protect the folder test in my root.
Path: W:/test

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/04/27 17:44

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn