[SOLVED] Right Position and cbpaidsubsbot

14 years 10 months ago #98527 by flopez
I use joomla 1.5.10
CB 1.2
CBsubscr 1.0.1
I do use Yoo Template "WayBeyond" on my site for already various months. You'll find teh templates here:(demo.yootheme.com/) select WayBeyond from Jan 09.

I had to disable cbpaidsubsbot as it was hiding my right position of my template.

I have posted at Yootemplate forum this topic but there is no answer so far.

As a result, since I cannot enable cbpaidsubsbot, my site cannot make use of content / extension integration tabs and my subscription plans are given access to all content.

:( This issue with the right position not appearing seems small, but I need my right position from my WayBeyond template to display specific modules.

Please help and hopefully somebody can reproduce this issue with with the above configuration.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/14 14:32

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #98529 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Right Position and cbpaidsubsbot
Well, here, you have a reply :)

We're not using these templates, and so I don't have it to be able to reproduce locally. So easiest is to check what's not right on your site. For that we'll need access. If you wish can PM me access to admin area and to file. Best would be if you could clone your site to a test-site, so that we can make trials to see what's wrong, without affecting your life site.

That would be by far easiest for now.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #98640 by flopez
Replied by flopez on topic Re:Right Position and cbpaidsubsbot
Hi Beat! ;)

It think it would be good to give some thoughts on this issue, since I posted on Yootemplates.com the same related topic, and some other members also confirmed that issue that Cbsubsr causes issues with Yootemplates, since those templates are quite popular, it is worth it to investigate that issue and I'll be happy to share your thoughts with other interested parties.

To speed up this process, I entrust you access to my life production site so you can have a look at the result when enabling or disabling the cbpaidsubsbot, the right position disappear.

I trust your expertise will lead to some concrete solution, so let me know where I can send you the access data to the admin panel of my site. ;)

14 years 10 months ago #98672 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Right Position and cbpaidsubsbot
flopez,

Just spent quite some time on your site trying to find cause, but with so many many extensions installed (4 pages of just plugins !) and also backend menu not working for unknown reasons, it's hard to make sure there is no core joomla hacks/changes performed, specially on a live site.

Maybe you should overwrite with Joomla 1.5.10 files by ftp, and do same for CB 1.2 Stable ?

Some components just hack main files, and that does impact others...

So overwriting clean would be very first step.

Then you need to clone site and to unpublish/uninstall extensions to find the conflict.

From there on we can try resolving.

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #98696 by flopez
Replied by flopez on topic Solved: Re:Right Position and cbpaidsubsbot
Hi Beat!

As promised, I did focused on troubleshooting at this stage the behaviour between the Yoo-template and cbpaidsubscbot.

I have a solution, bjut since I am not an expert, I would recon that you guys or Yoo guys have a look to the solution and maybe find a better one.

The Issue: Right template position did not appear when enabling cbpaidsubscbot.

- I checked the JA-Purity and SiteGround template samples that work with the cbpaidsubscbot.

- I compared some code from Yoo-templates and these templates and found an essential difference.

- The index.php template file in Yoo template has a code set around line 180;

[code:1]<?php if($this->countModules('right') && !class_exists('JEditor')): ?>[/code:1]

- The issue seems to be caused by the code:

&& !class_exists('JEditor')):

Something to do with the editor I guess. The template under certain circumstances thinks its in editor mode and hence removes the right column. Some expert may confirm this better than me.

Solution:

1. Changed that section of the code above to
[code:1]<?php if($this->countModules('right')):?>[/code:1]

Note: As I said I am not an expert, so I don't know what the influences are of removing that part of the code

2. In Yoo Templates, I did some additional revaming of CSS style div#right which I edited in Edited layout.css.

div#right {
width: 180px;
margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px;
padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px;
float: right;
border-left-style:dotted;
border-color:gray;
border-left-width:thin;
}

So far this solution works for me and I can now use cbpaidsubscbot for the right position modules. ;)

flopez.

Ps: Since it looks rather to be an issue around Yoo template, the same response has been posted to yootemplate forum.

14 years 10 months ago #100090 by mikeymike
Replied by mikeymike on topic Re:Right Position and cbpaidsubsbot
Thank you very much for this tip! This problem has been annoying me for quite some time! I'm using yootheme templates on many of my sites, e.g. blueprint. It would be great to hear from some expert on the possible side effects of this method.

Thanks!

Mikael @ Coach Book

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.612 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn