Custom/Advanced Search - The answers

14 years 11 months ago #99394 by nant
n_tag wrote:

Nick, Yes that is exaclty what I'm after. Still not sure how to do it from the admin console but simply adding &searchmode=1 to my list URLs does the job.

Well, if you look at your user list you will see two URLs listed at the top of the user list in backend edit mode. It should be easy for you to use this information to create a menu item that will point you to the search area of the specific user list.

Any further questions you might have must be addressed by community members hopefully reading this thread.

Can't really continue this training session - wish I had time to do more of this ... but I do not.

You'll see I've edited my orginal post. Apologies for being an arse although I don't think it's the easiest way you could have built the search function! ;)

Thank you for editing your post.

Feel free to propose any user interface improvements that make things easier while keeping things generic and flexible ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #100328 by alfons
Replied by alfons on topic Re:Custom/Advanced Search - The answers
@Nick,

The search isn't working properly. Even in the demo site you mentioned. If you select Simple Search you can search on age. If you select a 'from' age - let say 65 - and leave the 'To' age at the default value, the search result is ... everything. The search on age only works well if you provide both 'from' and 'to' and they have to be different then then default values.

Can you provide a fix for this please?

14 years 10 months ago #100362 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Custom/Advanced Search - The answers
alfons wrote:

@Nick,

The search isn't working properly. Even in the demo site you mentioned. If you select Simple Search you can search on age. If you select a 'from' age - let say 65 - and leave the 'To' age at the default value, the search result is ... everything. The search on age only works well if you provide both 'from' and 'to' and they have to be different then then default values.

CB 1.2.1 fixes this... Our demo sites are not yet updated.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #100479 by alfons
Thanx. I will upgrade soon :-)

14 years 10 months ago #100523 by Chacapamac
Replied by Chacapamac on topic Re:Custom/Advanced Search - The answers
Can you use the result in any other way than just a viewable listing. I mean by that at least be printable or better, being able to export in csv or text (or other format). Do you have something like that in the administration to be able to export the resulting data, not just look at it but being able to generate some report or use the resulting data?

14 years 10 months ago #101322 by alfons
beat wrote:

alfons wrote:

@Nick,

CB 1.2.1 fixes this... Our demo sites are not yet updated.

Beat,

I upgraded to 1.2.1 but the search is still not working properly. Do you have a fix for this? Or can you at least tell me in what file this is processed so I can do some searching myself.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn