[SOLVED] No more interpretation of CB field in JCE message

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #330428 by sereniteam
I can't find out how to reactivate the [cb message ] When user creates their account there is no more ID and Password sent in the automatic message. The received message is bellow in the attachments. I got the same problem when sending a message to registered user via admin CB : 

The [cb....] isn't taken into account 

Can you help me ? 

SereniTeam
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #330431 by krileon
Looks like the only thing not working is your password substitution. Is that what you're referring to? Password is not sent in emails and hasn't been sent in emails for a very long time now, because it leaves a pretty big security hole in your site. Password is only sent if you explicitly use the [password] substitution in the email or have automatically generated passwords enabled and this is only in the Pending email. Are you trying to send the password in the Welcome email?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 7 months ago #330438 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic No more interpretation of CB field in JCE message
Up to know people received a automatic password after I activate their request from the admin back-end as I doing it manually. So they should receive a id and a provisory password to access knowing that we have a two afctor authenticator system to secure the access 

I can't find out why while trying to create an account I don't receive the aotoatique password. I observed the same problem when I use the forgotten password option process from it. 

Whould you mind to create a user account whith your proper email address. Use number on the requested field if you chose the option "Medecin". You so can tell me and see what is not working. Here is the link : monbilansportsante.fr/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=registers&Itemid=477 

SereniTeam

1 year 7 months ago #330444 by krileon
Ok, since you're using generated passwords it should send with the Welcome email after they've confirmed their email address and after they've been approved. Try changing your email configuration in CB > Configuration > Registration back to the following defaults then retry.

Pending Email Subject: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_SUBJECT
Pending Email Body: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE
Welcome Email Subject: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_SUBJECT
Welcome Email Body: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE

If overriding the above language strings remove the overrides temporarily. Now retry and see if password sends in email fine. This at least will let us know if it's a problem with the email message or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 7 months ago #330447 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic No more interpretation of CB field in JCE message
I will try to reset it but I suspicious because this morning new users look like if they received thier Password while I don't when trying by myself. Is there any possibility that using my computer to test it might explain that my reception mail informing me that I can connect appears like this ?

Bonjour DDDD DDDD

Nous avons vérifié vos informations et sommes heureux de vous accueillir parmi les membres de notre réseau.

Accédez directement au module de connexion en cliquant sur le lien suivant :

Vos identifiants :

Login : DDDDDD
Mot de passe provisoire : [PASSWORD]
N'hésitez pas à nous joindre au +33 (0) 954 614 042 en cas de difficultés.

Très cordialement,

La direction

REMARQUE : Ce courriel a été généré automatiquement à partir de MBSS (monbilansportsante.fr).

SereniTeam

1 year 7 months ago #330449 by krileon
It wouldn't matter what computer you're using. Please try the defaults provided above and see if the password arrives fine. I guess it's possible CB Conditional could be causing this though as you appear to have the entire registration form hidden behind an initial select field. I don't recommend doing that against core field types like username, password, etc.. Try disabling CB Conditional and retrying to see if the password arrives. If it does that'd suggest a possible problem with one of your conditions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn