CB Connect - Facebook or Normal Mail - Redirection

4 years 9 months ago #312754 by mischanimov
Greetings.

I have a problem.

I have my site: www.assessorwt.com

Part of the contents are only for registered users.
The current users has the problem that once they log in they go to the initial page.

I have found in the setting link, where it goes. Attachement included.

The issue is: How can I achieve that once get logged in (either Facebook or normal email) it goes where the user wants to go instead of a fixed point?

Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #312760 by krileon
Login redirects should be non-SEF and begin with index.php. Do not put a leading slash.

The issue is: How can I achieve that once get logged in (either Facebook or normal email) it goes where the user wants to go instead of a fixed point?

Leave the redirect URL parameters empty and it will try to send them back to where they were if it can otherwise it will send them to the home page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312763 by mischanimov
Replied by mischanimov on topic CB Connect - Facebook or Normal Mail - Redirection

krileon wrote: Leave the redirect URL parameters empty and it will try to send them back to where they were if it can otherwise it will send them to the home page.

Well i left the fields blank but i go to the logged in default page INSTEAD of the destination page (comunidad or herramientas)
So the setting did not worked as expected.
Attachments:

4 years 9 months ago #312768 by krileon
They should be logging in through a CB Login Module displayed on every page. This will allow it to send them back to where they were attempting to login at. You appear to be sending them to the login page via menu item or other means and in that case there's no where to send them except back to that login page.

If it's a Joomla access denied page displaying the login page then no the redirect back won't work as CB Connect can't see that return URL. Have added a feature ticket to try forcing it, but it may not ever work that way as CB Connect may not be able to get that information from Joomla.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7587

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312780 by mischanimov
Replied by mischanimov on topic CB Connect - Facebook or Normal Mail - Redirection

krileon wrote: They should be logging in through a CB Login Module displayed on every page. This will allow it to send them back to where they were attempting to login at. You appear to be sending them to the login page via menu item or other means and in that case there's no where to send them except back to that login page.

If it's a Joomla access denied page displaying the login page then no the redirect back won't work as CB Connect can't see that return URL. Have added a feature ticket to try forcing it, but it may not ever work that way as CB Connect may not be able to get that information from Joomla.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7587

If I understood Correctly:
  • Since the Menu items are directed to registered only content, this means that there is NO WAY that points to such location?
  • There must be a Login box in all pages to achieve that instead?

I'm a bit disoriented since this issue as is right now is an user experience problem since the navigation gets disrupted once logged in returns to Home page.

4 years 9 months ago #312797 by krileon
If they're attempting to access a restricted Joomla menu item and Joomla sends them to the login page then the redirect back will not work in CB Connect since it can't handle that scenario since CB Connect doesn't have code to handle Joomlas access denied return URL while our CB Login Module does for regular logins.

Basically there's nothing to be done to resolve your issue for the time being until it's fixed in CB Connect. CB Connect will only redirect them back to the page they logged in from which is why it's recommended to have a CB Login Module accessible on every page.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn