deleted user plugins not really deleted

17 years 11 months ago #10980 by jmaduk
here's the situation...

I installed a user plugin and then after testing it uninstalled it via the cb plugin manager

selected the plugin and then chose delete.

The plugin appears to be removed. It is no longer in the listings and doesn't show up as a file when the plugin directory is browsed via ftp..

HOWEVER...

if you try to reinstall the same plugin, you get an error that says the directory is already being used. Even though it doesnt even exist...

The plugin code references the hardcoded folder that I need to install the plugin in...

Any suggestions.

www.MySmallBizU.com
1000 Videos, Hosting, Software, Support,
Coaching and Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #10986 by beat
jmaduk wrote:

here's the situation...

I installed a user plugin and then after testing it uninstalled it via the cb plugin manager

selected the plugin and then chose delete.

The plugin appears to be removed. It is no longer in the listings and doesn't show up as a file when the plugin directory is browsed via ftp..

HOWEVER...

if you try to reinstall the same plugin, you get an error that says the directory is already being used. Even though it doesnt even exist...

The plugin code references the hardcoded folder that I need to install the plugin in...

Any suggestions.

No idea with such little info.

Can you please be more specific...

- which plugin ?
- what do you mean by hardcoded ?
- what are the exact error message(s) ?
- what are the exact paths ?

+ joomla/mambo version, php version ?

Only then we can start helping. Thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 11 months ago #10998 by jmaduk
Replied by jmaduk on topic Re:deleted user plugins not really deleted
sorry here's the scoop.

Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable [ Sunburst ] 15-Jan-2006 20:00 UTC
Database Version: 3.23.58
PHP Version: 4.3.2
Web Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)

CB
Your version 1.0 RC 2
Latest version 1.0 RC 2

User plugin is from:
www.amember.com

This is a second version of the amember plugin and required that I removed the first installed version.

I used the cb user plugin management menu to select the original plugin and used the "delete" icon to uninstall it. This was done successully. The original user plugin is removed from the listing of plugins and the directory it was in is deleted.

However If I recreate the diretory and upload the new plugin files and then try to reinstall the new amember plugin using the "plugin management" menu and

"Install from directory"

user/plug_amemberconnector/

I get the error that says.

Install new plugin from directory /home/httpd/vhosts/wmfsb.com/httpdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_amemberconnector/ - Failed
Another plugin is already using directory: "/home/httpd/vhosts/wmfsb.com/httpdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_amemberconnector/"
continue...

Hope this helps....

17 years 11 months ago #11008 by beat

"Install from directory"

user/plug_amemberconnector/

Install from directory means install from another directory in the server. This directory should not be the final one which CB tries to create (obviously without success).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 11 months ago #11063 by jmaduk
Replied by jmaduk on topic Re:deleted user plugins not really deleted
My BAD!:S

I was reading the install directions from the developer of the plugin and following them and should have know better.

Sorry for the trouble.

www.MySmallBizU.com
1000 Videos, Hosting, Software, Support,
Coaching and Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn