Not one, two or three, but eight social networking sites are supported with the latest CB Connect 5.0 release!
Let your users sign-up and login to your website using credentials from any one of the following social networking sites: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Windows live, Googe +, Instagram, Foursquare or GitHub.
This is by far the most complete social networking integration solution available for Joomla (1.5, 2.5 and 3.x) / CB (1.9) as it not only supports login and registration using credentials from 8 social networks, but it also lets you:
- store social networking profile data in Community Builder fields
- place users in Joomla ACL groups based on social network
e.g., users signing up using Instagram can be placed in Registered and special Instagram group
- override Community Builder workflow settings
e.g., users signing in using their Foursquare credentials are automatically confirmed not needed moderator approval
- redirect new users to page based on social network
e.g., Github credential signups are redirected to a special welcoming page
You can also integrate the following social network specific applications as CB fields on your user profiles:
- Facebook social plugins (comments, facepile, like-recommend-send buttons, activity feed and recommendations)
- Twitter widgets (tweet and follow buttons)
- Google plugins (+1 and share buttons and Google badge)
- Linked in plugin (shared button)
CB Connect 5.0 is available to all Professional and Developer members and as of today it is also available to Advanced members replacing the CB Facebook and CB Twitter connect plugins which are now discontinued.
Discuss this article on forum
We are just back from a fantastic J and Beyond (JAB13) Joomla conference, with an awesomely positive forward-looking perspective for Joomla!
This is the fourth conference we have attended and sponsored as CB Team members and Joomlapolis, and the experience has been even more positive and stronger than all previous editions combined.
We urge Joomla fans to attend one of these events in the future as it will surely be a fantastic experience.
For those who missed JAB13, and also for those who were there, but didn't find the PHP class to clone themselves, all JAB13 Program presentations have been recorded and 38 are already available for viewing!
There are many very interesting and intriguing talks to view, but as Joomlapolis site members you should definitely not miss our presentations:
As a result of yet another great JandBeyond event, Joomla momentum is moving forward on a number of fronts:
If all this energy and forward thinking mentality holds we anticipate that the future Joomla 3.2 release will include exciting new features and concepts like:
- content versioning
- improved user experience in backend
- better frontend editing
- possibly improved extensions installation
- profiling of database queries
Mark your calendars now for JAB14 which will take place May 14th - June 1st, 2014 !
We have just surpassed the 500,000 members mark on Joomlapolis.
This is totally awesome !
Community Builder has millions of live installations worldwide with over 60 million public user profiles (base: Google search)!
There are no words to express our gratitude and feelings towards our community, except for a huge:
THANK YOU !
Discuss this article here
The new CB Auto Actions 4.0 plugin lets you implement powerful workflow and process automations with virtually no coding!
You can create unlimited automated actions and set them to get executed based on any one of over 400 event triggers from Community Builder, GroupJive, CBSubs, CB Activity, CB Privacy and CB Antispam.
Version 4 now has unlimited usage for appropriate actions (e.g., you can create a single Field action that modifies multiple fields), optional translation of conditional substitutions and new trigger drop-down selection with searching. Also, three new action types have been added (Menu, Antispam and Privacy). This means there are now 23 action types supported:
Activity, Acymailing, Antispam, CBSubs GPL 3.x, Code, Connection, Email, Field, Flyspray, GroupJive, K2, Kunena 1.7, Kunena 2.0, Login/Logout, Menu, Private Messages, Privacy, Redirect, Registration, Request, Usergroup Virtuemart 2.x
Here is a more detailed list of action types with basic usage concept:
- Activity action types let push new activity items to your activity stream (see tutorial example)
- Antispam actions can be used to block or whitelist users, IPs, email address or entire domains
- Field actions can be used to set, add, subtract, mulitply, divide, etc. CB Field values for users
- CB Paid Subscriptions actions can be used to subscribe, renew, unsubscribe or delete users from CBSubs GPL 3.x subscription plans (see tutorial example)
- GroupJive actions can be specified so users join or leave groups and can also be used to create new GroupJive groups or categories
- Connection actions let you create CB Connections between users
- CB Privacy action types let you add privacy rules to users (for profiles, fields, etc.)
- Menu actions lets you add new items to CB user profile menus
- Email actions can be configured to send (HTML or text) email messages with CC/BCC lists and file attachments. Emails can be configured to be sent from different accounts and servers.
- Private Message actions let you send private messages to/from users
- Usergroup actions let you add/remove users to/from specific Joomla ACL groups and you can also create new groups (see tutorial example)
- Registration actions can be configured to automatically create new user accounts
- Login/Logout actions can be configured to automatically login or logout a user
- Redirect actions let you redirect users to specific URLs
- Request actions execute specific URL targets (supports GET, POST, XML and JSON methods
- Query actions can be created to execute (internal or external) database SQL statements (see tutorial example)
- Kunena 1.7 actions
- Kunena 2.0 actions (Kunena 3.0 also supported) can be used to create new forum categories
- Acymailing actions can be used to add, remove, subscribe. unsubscribe users to/from Acymailing newsletter lists
- K2 actions can be used to synchronize/delete users to K2 user groups
- Virtuemart actions let you add/remove users to specific Virtuemart 2.x shopping groups
- Flyspray actions let you integrate (user sync, add users to projects, etc.) your Joomla website with the popular open-source project management flyspray script
As you can see the list is huge and the potential is enormous. There are currently 4 use case tutorials (see linkes in list above) in our tutorials use cases section and many more examples on our forums. We are also preparing a related presentation for this years J and Beyond conference that we are Video sponsoring, so we will have many more examples to share.
Discuss this article here
Social networking powerhouse added to your Joomla!TM
website, fast and easy! CB is the top rated, best supported, most complete and most reliable community system there is for Joomla! Comes with multiple extensions that add enhanced functionality for your online community. Includes highly customizable user profiling and registration features. Ands its FREE!
Build your own business website now with the premier Joomla!TM
based memberships management system! Fully integrated and tailored for Community Builder. Create value add memberships with profile, content and access control capability. Seamlessly allow for selling of products and services. Accept donations. Increase your bottom line with cross selling features. And more!
Make your site fast and get a clean, lean look. Create your website quick and easy! Super efficient load and render times. Template structure and flow is optimized to enhance user website experience. Content is king, as the template decorations 'get out of the way', except to help the user understand the content structure. Community Builder content module is included in all templates to present available CB user actions.
Quality Web Hosting
Get your business up and running now! Powerful, top tier reliability and highly secure. Uniquely adapted for Community Builder and CBSubs, with zero-click CB and J oomla! install. Servers are in North America and Europe. You'll save loads of time because Community Builder can be pre-installed and integrated. You'll be amazed how quickly your site is up and how fast it runs!