News users are not in the memberlist

17 years 11 months ago #11609 by jeromehej
News users are not in the memberlist was created by jeromehej
Hello,
I'm a french and I speak english very bad.

My website had 31 members. All are good.
But the news members (32, 33, 34, ...) are not visibles in the memberlist.

They are in the tables "jos_user" and "jos_comprofiler" but they are not in the memberlist ("User management").

Why ?
do you help me please ?

- Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.8 Stable [ Sunshade ] 26-Feb-2006 05:00 UTC
- CB version : 1.0 RC 2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #11614 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:News users are not in the memberlist
jeromehej wrote:

Hello,
I'm a french and I speak english very bad.

My website had 31 members. All are good.
But the news members (32, 33, 34, ...) are not visibles in the memberlist.

They are in the tables "jos_user" and "jos_comprofiler" but they are not in the memberlist ("User management").

Why ?
do you help me please ?

- Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.8 Stable [ Sunshade ] 26-Feb-2006 05:00 UTC
- CB version : 1.0 RC 2

You need to sync users:
components->Community Builder->Tools->Synchronize Users.

Then they should appear...

For new ones:
Looks like you are not using the CB Login module or have a "register" link which points to Joomla registration instead to com_comprofiler (CB) registration.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 11 months ago #11639 by jeromehej
Replied by jeromehej on topic Re:News users are not in the memberlist
Hello,

my wife is with me and she speaks english :P

to sync users didn't work. I did it when I installed CB.
All was OK till the 31st member.
But now, it doesn't work anymore.

I explain :
- a person registers herself with the CB Login module.
- she isn't in the memberlists (neither in Joomla's memberlist nor in CB's memberlist)
- she receives a mail to confirm her email address
- she confirms
- she is still not in the memberlists (neither in Joomla's memberlist nor in CB's memberlist) so I can't confirm her registration. Fortunately, she is in the CB Moderator Module list. So I can confirm.
- she receives an email of confirmation.
- she is still not in the memberlists (neither in Joomla's memberlist nor in CB's memberlist).
But she is in the tables 'jos_users' and 'jos_comprofiler' of database. But she isn't in the tables 'jos_core_acl_aro' and 'jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map'. If I fill in those 2 tables with phpmyadmin then the person appears in the two memberlists.

Why CB doesn't fill these two tables in automatically ?
:S

Thanks for your help ;)

17 years 11 months ago #12081 by moneybagsxp
Replied by moneybagsxp on topic Re:News users are not in the memberlist
Might be worth checking the AUTO_INCREMENT (if any) values on the impacted table(s)? Not sure, really. Keep looking, you will find it as long as you never give up.

www.pixelchutes.com - Where every pixel matters.

17 years 10 months ago #14134 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:News users are not in the memberlist
CB updates fine the table jos_core_acl_aro, when no other component or corrupt database tables hinders it from doing so.

As long as jos_core_acl_aro is not updated correctly, the user does not belong correctly to the right ACL group, and is not displayed in the backend CB users-list.

Maybe this may be a hint.

I read another thread where another component was interfering with this table being updated correctly, but can't find that thread. Anyone ?

[EDIT:]

Actually, someone tested and confirmed that in similar circumstance (on Nick's proposal) that the joomla-core registration was also broken, so the problem looks definitely not to be within CB, but any other breakage of Joomla or its database by another component... :S

Post edited by: beat, at: 2006/05/28 23:37

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.878 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn