Fatal error in mod_cblogin.php

17 years 9 months ago #14654 by d520gs
Fatal error in mod_cblogin.php was created by d520gs
Having some extreme problems with the exsisting site configuration. Even more problems arise when I upgrade to 1.0 stable.

When certain plugins to CB. For example. Ponytab or the new gallery book. Maybe a message component here or there. Or for no reason I can figure out. The profiles stop displaying due to a PHP overflow. I have combed this forum for awhile now. Trying to figure out an exsisting remedy. No such luck.

Here is exactly the error that gets generated:

[client 85.167.107.128] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 233472 bytes) in /-/-/-/modules/mod_cblogin.php on line 243, referer: www.irclusers.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=153

If you need any more information, or have any specific questions. Feel free to ask. I'm almost about scrap everything and redo it. But I would hate to have to take it that far. I have tried for quite awhile to remedy this problem, even editing the module, un-installing, re-installing, ect. Nothing works. Using the standard Joomla login module, it works again, but severly dampens functionality with user registration.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to assist with this problem.

Post edited by: d520gs, at: 2006/06/04 01:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #14655 by d520gs
Replied by d520gs on topic Re:Fatal error in mod_cblogin.php
Actually. I just now got it. After all this time. Apparently its related to the memory allowance of PHP. Now I have to figure out how to change this setting.

17 years 9 months ago #14656 by d520gs
Replied by d520gs on topic Re:Fatal error in mod_cblogin.php
So. Heh. I feel stupid o:) Please disreguard this. I only ever seem to find the solutions of my problems after making them known Lol.

17 years 5 months ago #22434 by jurrian
Replied by jurrian on topic Re:Fatal error in mod_cblogin.php
i got the same problem. Someone got the awnser?

17 years 5 months ago #22435 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Fatal error in mod_cblogin.php
CAVEAT: Don't do this if you are not comfortable--ask your host...

open php.ini

look for
memory_limit = 8M

change this to

memory_limit = 16M

You'll find that a few things are memory intensive, rather than processor intensive. Increasing the limit and restart apache will fix this.

Note: You need to restart Apache after making any changes to php.ini.

17 years 5 months ago #22597 by lashae
Replied by lashae on topic Re:Fatal error in mod_cblogin.php
Guys please be reallistic this's not a solution, increasing memory_limit to incredible values like 20MB (please not that this means a single execution of a php script may consume 20MB of ram) not only a security hole but also a performance lost.

We are discussing this thing in Joomla Offical forum under performance sub-forum at forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,104259.0.html

I want to quote my first thread there below, and you are strictly encouraged to join the discussion there.

Hi all,

i've been developing a website on localhost for about a month; i bought a shared hosting (safe mode - on) recently and uploaded to test it online. (Host Plan is a Linux hosting)

The list of components used in the website (Joomla 1.0.11) is: (mainly)

- Community Builder
- Clexus Private Messaging System
- Joomlaboard
- YaNC
- XeSlideGal

and reated a few modules.

When i uploaded the site and tried to sign in i get Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted, i understood that the reserved memory is exceeded and further allocations failed, contacted my host (since safe_mode on i can't tune memory_limit via ini_set) and requested them to increase memory_limit; first they declined but accepted then. The previous amount was 6MB and they increased it to 8MB.

This way my problem seemd to be solved, however i noticed that in some pages; for example in 'Profile Edit' page i get another fatal error on the com_clexus module this time.

I googled many hours and couldn't find another solution rather than ini_set thing to tune memory_limit; however i discussed this solution-like thing with my hosting firm and they rightfully refused to increase the memory_limit to 16-20Megs. Their justification was so reasonable; they requested me to imagine 200 concurrent users online on my site viewing the same page which requires 15MB ram than this makes a total of 3GB ram that can't be afforded via shared hosting and adviced me to buy a dedicated server; however i thought that buying a dozens of dedicated servers is not a solution either; because 200 concurrent users is an optimistic scenario; what if 500 people online? Than 7.5GB ram is required...

At this point i'm confused. Is it normal that a PHP script consumes 15MB of memory and although increasing memory limit to 15-20Megs level doesn't this open a backdoor for attacks.

On Joomlapolis site one of the guys stated that Joomla framework consumes 10MB's of RAM, than i want to ask why don't i take the same error on localhost with a 8MB memory_limit. And more interesting thing is that if Joomla requires 10MB's of ram to operate than with how much ram this joomla.org operated? Or if community builder needs to be run with 15MB's of RAM then how joomlapolis site can be operated, unbelievable amounts of ram is required for both cases.

As you can understanda i'm confused...

This thread is not purely related with performance maybe but; the make the site run in optimum performance and operation point i need to discuss the memory_limit thing.

Waiting for ideas and clarification

Regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn