Big Problems with letters like öäüß

18 years 3 months ago #639 by buzoli
I did all you said.

Text on site is OK.
All text from database with other components is OK
Just text from database, CB is showing is wrong.
It looks like CB is reading text from database in different char encoding.
Strange.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #921 by danishtest
Take a look at the userprofile danishtest, Personal Info

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,1187/

This users country is set to Denmark æøå og ÆØÅ

So you have the same problem on this server to.

Øl er godt, men ål & æbleflæsk skal man heller ikke sige nej til!

18 years 3 months ago #947 by beat
Yes, it's a priority 1 bug :(

Looks like non-latin charsets (except ISO-8859-15 and with PHP5 UTF-8) are not handled correctly in RC2... :blush:

It's related to this other thread here .

Cause is now known: a fix for other RC1 bugs :whistle:

The fix needs to be implemented and tested for non-regression (non-trivial). :woohoo:

Thanks for reporting, and sorry for the bug.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 1 month ago #5336 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Re:Big Problems with letters like öäüß
How are things coming regarding problems with characterset? I am setting up a Danish website with CB, and the last thing on my list is now the display of national characters.

How is the work with this problem coming along? Do anyone have an estimate for when there will be a fix?

Regards,

Oceanwatcher

18 years 1 month ago #5356 by KobeBeef
Same here, but my problems are in the Japanese language mode. Too bad its not an official language pack form CB. When users input characters in, it comes out as wingdings. Like:���������

18 years 1 month ago #5387 by beat
Known problem. Fixed for next release.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,10/id,4780/#4780

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,10/id,1630/#1630

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,10/id,948/#948

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,10/id,946/#946

Check the forge comments on this prio 1 bug for quick fix instructions, and also the threads above.

This said, we are looking for a Japanese or chinese tester for the 1.0 stable now. If interested, simply PM to me with your username on developer.joomla.org, mentioning you use the Japanes characterset and would like to join the CB testteam.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn