Error

Please login first

CB and Joomla 1.0.7

18 years 3 months ago #3986 by mjarntz
CB and Joomla 1.0.7 was created by mjarntz
Is it safe to use CB and Joomla 1.0.7. Or do we need to wait with upgrading?

Thanks,

Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4008 by TheBear
Replied by TheBear on topic Re:CB and Joomla 1.0.7
Hello,

A newbie here, so I may have done something wrong. But I did the upgrade to 1.0.7 as I was running 1.0.5 and ran into the problem with creating new users.

Now I have a different new user problem. I get the following error when trying to create a new user with Joomla 1.0.7 and CB 1.02RC:

---
Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /index.html.
---

Existing users can login, just can't create a new account. I *did* make the changes to the database.php file. As part of doing the upgrade to 1.0.7 I replaced the database.php file back with the original one from the 1.0.5 (as there wasn't one included in the update).

My initial install was v1.0.5 as this is a first time install that I just did this past week.

Anyone else have any experiences with this combination and suggestions for a fix?

Thanks

Dale

18 years 3 months ago #4041 by hedingsi
Replied by hedingsi on topic Re:CB and Joomla 1.0.7
i think the database.php you use is the wrong file. i heard that peoples have problems with the 1.0.5 version of this file.

i would download the 1.0.7 (full) and update the hole installation (if no hacks are made) else you can try only to upgrade the database.php. As i know the dev teams from cb and joomla worked for this together.

I for my part did not test cb 1 rc2 with joomla 1.0.7. Im waiting for cd 1 Final :woohoo:

i hope this helps you

18 years 3 months ago #4045 by TheBear
Hallo,

Thank you very much for your reply.

hedingsi wrote:

i think the database.php you use is the wrong file. i heard that peoples have problems with the 1.0.5 version of this file.

i would download the 1.0.7 (full) and update the hole installation (if no hacks are made) else you can try only to upgrade the database.php. As i know the dev teams from cb and joomla worked for this together.

I for my part did not test cb 1 rc2 with joomla 1.0.7. Im waiting for cd 1 Final :woohoo:

i hope this helps you

Your English is far better than my German! Which is bad as I did live just south of Frankfurt for a couple of years.

I was concerned about downloading the full 1.0.7 as I was cocerned that it would mess up the information I have already entered into the databases. Although the site is not yet live, I have spent many hours adding content to it.

I backed up the 1.0.5 database.php file, then made the changes recommended here in this forum. I read that whatever the problem was with v1.0.5 it was fixed in v1.0.6 and newer versions.

After upgrading the files in the patch (maybe I missed a file during the upgrade), I noticed that the database.php file was not replaced, so I reverted back to the that came with v1.0.5.

I would have waited longer, but even with the patch there were problems with new users.

Hopefully I can get this fixed without having to re-install everything all over again. If that is what I need to do, I will have to consider if these products are stable enough to be worth building a site around them. I do understand the CB is a Release Candidate, not a final release, so I know I take some risks. I just wanted to spend the next couple of weeks adding content to my site as well as learning my way around the componets so I can help my users adter the site goes live.

Mfg!

Dale

18 years 3 months ago #4058 by o_cee
Replied by o_cee on topic Re:CB and Joomla 1.0.7
Make sure you grabbed the right update package. Looking at Joomla_1.0.5_to_1.0.7-Stable-Patch_Package.zip I see that there's a new database.php.

Please let us know how CB works out with 1.0.7.

18 years 3 months ago #4175 by TheBear
o_cee wrote:

Make sure you grabbed the right update package. Looking at Joomla_1.0.5_to_1.0.7-Stable-Patch_Package.zip I see that there's a new database.php.

Please let us know how CB works out with 1.0.7.

Hello,

My mistake. Yes there was a new dataabse.php. I went through the update package again and replaced all of the files from the upgrade package (it was the package labeled 1.0.5 - 1.0.7) and I still get the following error when trying to create a new user:

[code:1]Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /index.html.

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.thecolony.com Port 80[/code:1]

This is with using the CB register module.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn