uddeIM 0.5 issues

18 years 4 months ago #2975 by o_cee
uddeIM 0.5 issues was created by o_cee
Just upgraded to uddeIM 0.5, great work! Looks wonderful!

Some issues though..

The quick message CB plug doesn't work, it seems to send something but then gives a white page and then nothing more, the url is then ...component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,63/Itemid,139/tab,getcbpmstab/

sefRelToAbs($url) needs to be used everywhere in the plugin, missing on a lot of places.

Also, just looking at the CB plug quickly, shouldn't I be able to access my uddeIM stuff from my own profile?

Don't really like the "452" part of the login module hehe, but it seems to be working as it should.
The link to the image mail.gif is wrong, it tries to access cblogin without uddeim at the end.

Dunno if it's a problem with your code or Joomlas, but it fetched the Itemid of an item in my trash (in the backend). When installing 0.5 i removed the old menu and added a new one. When I emptied the trash in the backend the right Itemid was fetched.

A bit to late here so I might be missing something obvious :)

Anyway, wonderful work man! Please keep it up!

/Oscar

Post edited by: o_cee, at: 2005/12/30 02:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2996 by benjamin
Replied by benjamin on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5 issues
Tjena,

thanks for this feedback! It's very much appreciated and really helps making uddeIM better.

o_cee wrote:

The quick message CB plug doesn't work, it seems to send something but then gives a white page and then nothing more

I'm not 100% sure what this is caused by but maybe the solution described in this Joomla forum posting solves that problem as well. If you download the latest version of the plugin, you do not need to hack that in yourself, it's already done.

Another thing you can try is not to use the cbpms plugin, but the original CB plugin that came with the CB core package. Choose 'uddeim 0.4' there. It should be compatible with 0.5 as well with the only difference that you can't use BB Codes in the Quick message then. But it would be ok for testing.

Don't really like the "452" part of the login module hehe, but it seems to be working as it should.

uddeIM is now supported through the offical mod_cbloginrc2 so there is no need to have that hack any longer. I have removed it from the uddeIM files. Just make sure to use the latest version of that module (it is in the CB core package).

(re: module) The link to the image mail.gif is wrong, it tries to access cblogin without uddeim at the end.

How true and how embarassing. Fixed in latest.

Dunno if it's a problem with your code or Joomlas, but it fetched the Itemid of an item in my trash (in the backend).

I'm not sure either but I have coded in an additional check now.

Det är aldrig för sent för lite udde ;-) saker.

Regards

18 years 4 months ago #2999 by o_cee
Replied by o_cee on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5 issues
benjamin wrote:

o_cee wrote:

The quick message CB plug doesn't work, it seems to send something but then gives a white page and then nothing more

I'm not 100% sure what this is caused by but maybe the solution described in this Joomla forum posting solves that problem as well. If you download the latest version of the plugin, you do not need to hack that in yourself, it's already done.

Another thing you can try is not to use the cbpms plugin, but the original CB plugin that came with the CB core package. Choose 'uddeim 0.4' there. It should be compatible with 0.5 as well with the only difference that you can't use BB Codes in the Quick message then. But it would be ok for testing.

Reverted back to the original module and it seems to work as it should. Don't have time at the moment to troubleshoot the new module, but will try to look at it later.

uddeIM is now supported through the offical mod_cbloginrc2 so there is no need to have that hack any longer. I have removed it from the uddeIM files. Just make sure to use the latest version of that module (it is in the CB core package).

Reverted back to that one as well. We really need a better looking icon for new messages.. Damn it's ugly :) Would be nice with background checking of new messages ala AJAX or something like that in there as well, don't you think?

Det är aldrig för sent för lite udde ;-) saker.

Så sant så :)

Another thing I thought about, it would be nice with a preview button before sending a message now that there's UBB formatting so that users can make sure the message looks like they want before sending it, either in a popup or as an extra step like some forums do it.

Also noticed that when writing a new message the CB connections displayed there also displays contacts who are pending approval, not sure if they should be displayed or not. Might make sense to display the avatars there as well btw.

Me goes outside to get some sun instead of sitting in here! Later!
/O

18 years 4 months ago #3001 by benjamin
Replied by benjamin on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5 issues
Hej igen,

o_cee wrote:

Would be nice with background checking of new messages ala AJAX or something like that in there as well, don't you think?

Already coded and working perfectly on my site. :-) However, I'm still experimenting with it, that's why I don't want to release it yet. Also, it has to be different for Mambo and Joomla, that is, if I find away to get it to run on Mambo without hacking too much of the Mambo core.

Expect more of it in the first months of the next year.

it would be nice with a preview button (...) either in a popup or as an extra step like some forums do it.

I am always against extra steps as I strongly believe in making the experience for the user as fast as possible requiring as few clicks as managable. Preview would be an option.

Also noticed that when writing a new message the CB connections displayed there also displays contacts who are pending approval, not sure if they should be displayed or not.

I thought about it and decided this way because this is a feature for the sender, to keep him/her reminded of the usernames of people (s)he's interested in. For obvious reasons, this includes pending connections.

Might make sense to display the avatars there as well btw.

Might look fine if you have three or four connections. But if you have sixty?

Warmest regards

18 years 4 months ago #3009 by o_cee
Replied by o_cee on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5 issues
benjamin wrote:

o_cee wrote:

Would be nice with background checking of new messages ala AJAX or something like that in there as well, don't you think?

Already coded and working perfectly on my site. :-) However, I'm still experimenting with it, that's why I don't want to release it yet. Also, it has to be different for Mambo and Joomla, that is, if I find away to get it to run on Mambo without hacking too much of the Mambo core.

Expect more of it in the first months of the next year.

Cool, looking forward to it!

it would be nice with a preview button (...) either in a popup or as an extra step like some forums do it.

I am always against extra steps as I strongly believe in making the experience for the user as fast as possible requiring as few clicks as managable. Preview would be an option.

True.. Maybe a window below the message that in realtime updates how the message will look like as you write the "code"?

Might make sense to display the avatars there as well btw.

Might look fine if you have three or four connections. But if you have sixty?

Yep, true. Might get a little cluttered hehe.

13 years 11 months ago #133946 by JLW
Replied by JLW on topic uddeIM 0.5 issues

Post edited by: JLW, at: 2010/05/25 04:39

--- Jordan
Accordionist.org
ElectronicMother.com

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds