Special Characrters

18 years 1 month ago #7808 by ewieder
Special Characrters was created by ewieder
Hi!

I'm using CB in Hebrew enviroment, and there's a preety good translation. I had some problems in few places with the special characters, but fixed it by fetching the htmlentities() functions and changing it to htmlspecialchars().

The one place I couldn't figure out is this:
When a user wants to add another as a connection, opens a window for him to write a message. this message goes to the connected user as a PM. The text the user wrote in this message appears in bad characters (not special characters).

In any other place the PMS works fine with the special characters, including when a user uses the PMS panel in another user's profile to send a message, or when he clicks the PM button in his connections thingie.

I could not find any more htmlentities() function in the cb.menu.php file, that seems to handle this message form. I guess it's in another .js file or something like that, but I cannot find it.

Does anyone know anything about that? did anyone fix that in the past?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8118 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Special Characrters
What character-set are you using ? UTF-8 or 8859-? ?

How do these pmses appear ?

Edit:

also which PMS system do you use ?

It looks to me that it's the PMS system which does not handle correctly the charset you are using in your template/ joomla language file.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2006/03/14 00:04

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 11 months ago #12977 by Tedi
Replied by Tedi on topic Re:Special Characrters
Hi,

It is happening something similar in our web. I translated the CB 1.0 stable language file to spanish using UTF-8 enconding. It is working OK in most of CB, but there are several cases where the enconding is not translated, it just remains as (á é ...). These cases are:
- Popup menus in the connections.
- PMS sent by the connections.
- Emails sent by the connections.

The template is using iso-8859-1 and we use myPMS II 2.1 Beta

Any clue?

Thanks,
Tedi

17 years 11 months ago #12978 by Tedi
Replied by Tedi on topic Re:Special Characrters
Editing... when I say that remains as á, é I mean as &a acute, &e acute, without spaces (the forum makes de conversion)

Tedi wrote:

Hi,

It is happening something similar in our web. I translated the CB 1.0 stable language file to spanish using UTF-8 enconding. It is working OK in most of CB, but there are several cases where the enconding is not translated, it just remains as (á é ...). These cases are:
- Popup menus in the connections.
- PMS sent by the connections.
- Emails sent by the connections.

The template is using iso-8859-1 and we use myPMS II 2.1 Beta

Any clue?

Thanks,
Tedi

17 years 6 months ago #22373 by averan
Replied by averan on topic hmtl tags visible in reply
hey

i've got the same issue and i'm using the default english!!

messages generated by the connections system use html tags....and the mypms messaging system fails to strip those tags.

either i correct mypms to strip tags when replying, or i strip the tags manually from the outgoing connections-generated message.

unfortunately, i cannot find where comprofiler generates the connections message!!

i've searched everywhere for this language variable, "_UE_CONNECTIONPENDMSG", and cannot find it.

anyone know where this is called out from???

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn