CB RC2 Character problems

18 years 4 weeks ago #8494 by krimebot
CB RC2 Character problems was created by krimebot
Hi am having problems getting CB rc 2 to recognize UTF-8 characters, currently I have noticed the additional info tab is not display utf-8 characters properly, and the joomlaboard plugin tab is not. Can anybody help me with this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 weeks ago #8532 by krimebot
Replied by krimebot on topic Re:CB RC2 Character problems
For the time being I'm going to disable the additional info tab...
If someone can help me with joomlaboards plug in. I'd be very grateful.

The problem is definately some place with in the plug in
Here is a screen shot (notice the actual forum post is in english), part of plug-in variables are showing up correctly in Japanese but part are not.
Thanks

Post edited by: krimebot, at: 2006/03/20 06:33
Attachments:

18 years 3 weeks ago #8539 by krimebot
Replied by krimebot on topic Re:CB RC2 Character problems
Okay so I found the problem with the joomlaboard plug in
in the administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php
I removed the two htmlentities calls in the _writeSortByLink function.

18 years 5 days ago #10018 by Stéphane Thibault
Replied by Stéphane Thibault on topic Re:CB RC2 Character problems
Hey guys,

I just registered on the site to test CB and I also experience character problems.

I registered using my full name "Stéphane Thibault" and in the main login module, the unicode character for the "e" with the acute accent shows up like this instead:

[code:1]Hi, Stéphane Thibault[/code:1]

As I was looking around at a few Joomlapolis sections, it seems like others recognize it properly (the Agora and the Forum seem to be OK). Hope this helps improve unicode support.

Yours,
Stéphane

18 years 5 days ago #10025 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB RC2 Character problems
These issues have been identified already (see forums) and fixed in the upcoming release of 1.0 stable (soon).

18 years 5 days ago #10031 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB RC2 Character problems
Stéphane Thibault wrote:

Hey guys,

I just registered on the site to test CB and I also experience character problems.

I registered using my full name "Stéphane Thibault" and in the main login module, the unicode character for the "e" with the acute accent shows up like this instead:

[code:1]Hi, Stéphane Thibault[/code:1]

As I was looking around at a few Joomlapolis sections, it seems like others recognize it properly (the Agora and the Forum seem to be OK). Hope this helps improve unicode support.

Yours,
Stéphane

Bonjour Stéphane,

This looks not to be on joomlapolis.com, since our login module displays "Hi username" and not "Hi name" ;)

So, if you run RC2 it's a known bug (workaround published in forum).

This is fixed in 1.0 stable, release scheduled by end of this week. Joomlapolis runs now on a test-team build of CB 1.0 stable. :)

You made me :woohoo: for a few minutes, since your post was mixing the error on your site and your joomlapolis experience. :laugh:

So case closed.
Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn