[SOLVED] Blank profile and user list after upgrade

14 years 7 months ago #108814 by technojazz
Solved my problem with blank user profiles and user lists using the FAQ and, partly, earlier posts in this forum and just thought I would post my solution here in case anyone else should encounter the same problem.

My problem: After upgrading to CB 1.2.1 (expert upgrade) both user profiles and user list just turned up as blank pages without any visible error messages of any kind.

Turning on debugging in the Joomla configuration as suggested in the FAQ (yes, I know it sound obvious but it did't cross my mind in this case :blush:) gave me a specific error message so I could go on searching the forum for a more specific solution. In this case the error message looked like this:

Notice: Undefined index: templates in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 410 Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 410 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 410

The solution: using the input in some earlier threads in this forum I took a closer look at the CB templates. It seems that, unlike in CB 1.1., the default template MUST be set to 'published' in the CB Plugin Management although CB is configured to use another template (is this a bug?).

The reason why I had this minor problem was that I, at some point using CB 1.1, had unpublished all the CB templates that I didn't use including the default template. This configuration was just inherited after upgrading.

So actually a quite easy solution to a minor configuration problem!

Cheers,

Anders,
Aarhus, Denmark

By the way, thanks to krileon and other moderators and users trying to help out with various problems in this forum. I'm sure we're quite a few appreciating your help. Thank you! :)

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest" - Benjamin Franklin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #120398 by cphonda
Show your appreciation, by making a small donation. Im sure it helps them out alot. They have helped me out a ton!!!!!

14 years 3 months ago #120498 by Rapunzl
... or just subscribe to the documentation. That way, you can also get several great things in return as a thank you, including Joomla 1.5/CB 1.2 upgraded or new plugins and documentation that Nick spent countless hours on that will help you find many features of CB you might otherwise miss.
:)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn