[SOLVED] Feature Request: Comment Wall; About Me

14 years 7 months ago #109403 by devinthayer
As I have mentioned previously, a comment wall is part of the glue to social networks. I anticipated that it would come standard with any social network component such as Community Builder. However, since it doesn't, I want to make a suggestion on how to improve this.

Have an "About Me" article/tab admin-customizable headings and sections with a comment wall proceeding the information. Example/standard headings for sections would be about me, favorite music, favorite videos, favorite allstars, etc. This may be easier because yvcomments is already compatible with CB, so might as well integrate it with the user's customized article about himself. This is different than a blog, because it is all one page that the comment wall is posted on.

Perhaps the comment wall and personal could go on separate tabs. This is fine with me.

My point is... I was kind of disappointed with no Comment Wall or Personal Article section coming standard. The closest thing to it that comes standard is the Mamblog. That's all good, but not everyone blogs - everyone makes comments and says what they like.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/08/27 18:19

-Devin T.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #109406 by nant
You might know this already ...

CB Profilebook 1.2 RC, currently available to doc subscribers for download, gives you a Wall tab, a Blog and a Guestbook.

14 years 7 months ago #109407 by devinthayer
Replied by devinthayer on topic Re:Feature Request: Comment Wall; About Me
Of course! I just have no money in the budget. That's everything I want all rolled into one package.

Post edited by: devinthayer, at: 2009/08/27 07:27

-Devin T.

13 years 7 months ago #140505 by Hinson
Replied by Hinson on topic Re:Feature Request: Comment Wall; About Me
I agree. The wall is a definite 'must have' for a social site. I left NING and created a Joomla/community builder site. However, I've been pulling my hair out trying to find how to get a wall and a 'latest activity' section on my site.

I bought what I thought would work from JomPalace but now find that I need JomSocial for it to work. Can't afford that so if they won't give me a refund, I'm out $20 bucks.

I see that on this site you are offering a 'super activity' module but for the life of me cannot figure out how to buy it.

So, what do I have to do/buy to get an activity feed (new members, keauna forum posts, profile updates, etc.)and the ability for members to post to each other's profile wall? Funds are limited but life ain't free :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn