There is an error in the database query.

14 years 6 months ago #110953 by sirebral
I get this error whenever I try to look at community profiles.

There is an error in the database query. Site admin can turn site debug to on to view and fix the query.

Is this a familiar error to anyone, does anyone know what is causing it or how I can fix it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #110954 by sirebral
Replied by sirebral on topic Re:There is an error in the database query.
P.S. I saw someone else had this problem and they where asked if they turned debug mode on. Let's cross that bridge before we get there.

I have turned debug mode on, I have looked over the code, and I am still not sure what 'causes' the bug or how to fix it.

14 years 6 months ago #110955 by nant
feel free to share more information ...

(see my Help Us help you link)

14 years 6 months ago #110956 by sirebral
PHP 5.2.5
CB 1.2.1 (Upgraded and it was not fun nor easy this time, sorry)
Mambo 5.6.5

I have reservations about a complete re install of my Mambo site. I work on a software fork of OpenRPG called Traipse and while the core devs have recommended a complete re install I have made the software pretty easy to work with so that is not an issue.

I suppose I can try a complete re install of Community Builder. It did not upgrade nicely so that might cause problems.

I was simply hoping for an answer to why the database qould not query correctly.

Is that enough info?

Post edited by: sirebral, at: 2009/09/12 21:40

14 years 6 months ago #110957 by sirebral
Here is a little more info that may be relevant. When I was updating I had problems with the second part of the installation, so I unzipped the plugins and manually installed them.

I have problems with the Forums plugin that CB is using. You are using a Fireboard compatible plugin? Even the Fireboard team does not recommend anyone use Fireboard any longer. It has a security vulnerability. Can that be fixed, maybe in 1.2.2?

14 years 6 months ago #110958 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:There is an error in the database query.
When you use teh CB Tools to check your database, what do you see? Aso, if you disable all plugins does it work? Can you isolate which plugin?

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn