[SOLVED] Error sending email

14 years 6 months ago #114886 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error sending email
r4z wrote:

thx, works for me too with port 25.

But doesn't resolve the ldap confirmation :(

Don't know, don't have an LDAP server. You could write a CB plugin to approve and confirm them automatically (should be anyway, code is there on lines 1608-1618 of comprofiler.php).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #114887 by joviantan
Replied by joviantan on topic Re:Error sending email
krileon wrote:

Change your SMTP Host to smtp.gmail.com:465 and this should resolve your issue.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/22 17:25

* Mailer: SMTP Server
* SMTP Security: SSL
* SMTP Port: 25
* SMTP Authentication: Yes
* SMTP Username: Gmail username
* SMTP Password: Gmail password
* SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com:465

I've applied the setting.

but when i tried

website/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=lostPassword

enter email and click enter, i got a blank page :(

14 years 6 months ago #114889 by joviantan
Replied by joviantan on topic Re:Error sending email
fixed it :)

got it to work with smtp setting to:

ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465

Thanks for the all the help, appreciate it

14 years 5 months ago #116950 by Tokaichan
Replied by Tokaichan on topic Re:Error sending email
Thanks for that code line reference. But I found that it is not actually syncing the users. If a user logs in first time using the LDAP credentials, even though the the function

$row->store(); // synchronizes with comprofiler table

is called for sync, it is not actually synhronizing.
If I manually do a Synhroziation using the Tools tab in CB, then the DB get synced.

If possible please let me know if there is a work around for this

14 years 5 months ago #116972 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error sending email
Tokaichan wrote:

Thanks for that code line reference. But I found that it is not actually syncing the users. If a user logs in first time using the LDAP credentials, even though the the function

$row->store(); // synchronizes with comprofiler table

is called for sync, it is not actually synhronizing.
If I manually do a Synhroziation using the Tools tab in CB, then the DB get synced.

If possible please let me know if there is a work around for this

Wrong thread? Not sure what you're asking... Please create a new thread pertaining to your issue at hand.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #119230 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Error sending email
smtp authentication setting was added to Joomla since CB 1.2.1.

Fix is in this forum and in upcoming next CB release:

bottom of this page:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,91715/catid,77/limit,6/limitstart,6/

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn