[SOLVED] CB registration Emails are not being sent

11 years 11 months ago #116859 by rad
I have just tested user registrations in CB 1.2.1 (Joomla! 1.5.15 and version 1.5.14 before this) and noticed that no Emails are being sent. I am using Google's SMTP server settings. The Joomla! built-in registration sends emails without any problems and so to does the contacts form. I have entered the correct Email address in the CB > Configuration > Registration fields. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/15 16:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #116895 by rad
Ok I have scoured Google and this forum and noticed that others have experienced this issue. I have tried all of the suggested "fixes" and "workaround" - re-enabling Joomla!'s, user registration, disabling SMTP authentication, etc, etc but nothing has worked. Incidentally the PHPMailer option in works when selected at the Joomla! back-end. However, I need to use SMTP. It just seems that CB and SMPT are incompatible. I am still hoping for a solution though.

11 years 11 months ago #116899 by rad
Cheers Nick, that fix worked brilliantly! You are indeed a star m8 :).

Huge thanks :)

11 years 11 months ago #116937 by jens.x.zander
Replied by jens.x.zander on topic Re:CB registration Emails are not being sent
I have exactly the same problem (same versions and configuration as rad ) - however

Although I set up the registration for email confirmation, the front end reply to the user is that a mail is sent, but no registration link mail arrives.

The new user appears in the list, however as expected not confirmed, not enabled.

1) Mass mail works - (but it seems only if the new, pending user is enabled!)

2) when I (in the CB user manager) manually enable and approve the user, THEN the final confirmation email is sent and arrives.

???

11 years 10 months ago #117581 by proj2amal
Replied by proj2amal on topic Re:CB registration Emails are not being sent
I'm new in here and try to understand it!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn