[SOLVED] Still getting 'Session Expired...' Error

14 years 3 months ago #120206 by krileon
Then there is likely something you've installed that is conflicting; please try a FRESH install with ONLY Joomla and CB. Then confirm if the issue is present on this fresh installation. Does not matter if in sub-folder or sub-domain.

Do not make any modifications to this installation either (Ensure CB 1.2.1 and Joomla 1.5.15). This will help determine if the issue is due to a conflict or if it's host related.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #122821 by senorsam
Replied by senorsam on topic Re:Still getting 'Session Expired...' Error!!!
I'm having the same problem. Obviously, a lot of us are encountering this issue. The intermittent nature is the troubling aspect.

In our case, the user also is not able to shop on our site, which is hurting business. What can be done? Are there any answers out there?

14 years 2 months ago #122825 by beat
senorsam wrote:

I'm having the same problem. Obviously, a lot of us are encountering this issue. The intermittent nature is the troubling aspect.

In our case, the user also is not able to shop on our site, which is hurting business. What can be done? Are there any answers out there?

I've just reviewed most threads on these issues, and tried reproducing many situations in view of upcoming CB 1.2.2 release.

Don't think that it's a php bug, but suspecting highly caching of the form that generates the session expiration.

I also suspected user timezone settings to interfer, but didn't find any relevant items.

Do you have any caching (Joomla pages, Joomla modules caching) which may affect CB login moule ?

Anyone with reproductible session issues: Can you PM me URL of the post, URL of the form with the issue and describe exactly your problem incl. browser versions and so on (see help us help you link) ?

Thanks

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 1 month ago #124086 by ncvalkdude
Replied by ncvalkdude on topic Re:Still getting 'Session Expired...' Error!!!
I uninstalled the mod_cblogin and reinstalled. I was able to login and actually logout. Logging out had also been an issue. It took me to a strange second log out page with the taking_notes image. I hope this continues to work. Kinda like When in doubt --reboot. After 5 hours of messing with this, it might be a hallucination:woohoo:

14 years 1 month ago #124088 by ncvalkdude
Replied by ncvalkdude on topic Re:Still getting 'Session Expired...' Error!!!
The uninstall did not work. It was impossible to log in after logging out. Same message!!

14 years 1 month ago #124121 by beat
it's hard to tell without seeing. Can you PM me url and a test-account username/password please ?

To pm me, press the icon bottom left of this post.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn