[SOLVED] Godaddy email sending but not receiving

13 years 9 months ago #135084 by krileon

The "Receive Moderator Emails:" is set as:
Webmuse = No
Gary = Yes

In the Joomla user management, "Receive System emails" is set as:
Webmuse = Yes
Gary = No

This would appear your users aren't in sync. First upgrade to CB 1.2.2. Then run CB Tools and Synchronize your users. Next set you both via User Management to receive emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #135104 by WebMuse
we are already running 1.2.2, so I synced the users, and ensured that only Gary was listed to receive moderator emails. I created a dummy-test registration, confirmed from the user's end, and then verified the approval email. Awaiting to hear back from Gary that he got it.

Thanks.

WebMuse G

13 years 7 months ago #140040 by SCLRWeb
I'll add a test for ya...

I'm experiencing very similar issues...

A: Do a mass mail from Joomla Only to super administrators...

(you will get the email)

Any emails generated or being sent by CB Subs is less than a 20% change it will get out...

I am using GoDaddy as well and have the same issues.
No errors just now started getting really slow in the past 3 months (that is Godaddy issue) but no php memory limit issues / 500 errors showing up and CBSubs settings are working pretty darn good..

I also have to do some additional work because we use GoogleApps which for Joomla there are tweaks that have to be done to be able to use SSL Email login.

(but I've been having this issue long before the SSL tweak to send through our GApps domain)

13 years 7 months ago #140078 by krileon
Seams like an ongoing issue with GoDaddys mail server. It's literally impossible to determine the exact cause (aside from making thousands of debug edits to CBs core or dumb luck) of your issue without your mail servers ogs. Please communicate with GoDaddy and obtain your logs. All emails sent and received are logged with their status, address, ip, etc... This will tell you what has happened, what the error is, what the status code is, etc.. of the outbound emails from CB and/or CBSubs. We can't get these for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #140225 by WebMuse
Thanks Krileon, for the suggestion of obtaining the email logs from GoDaddy.

The settings for the emails within CB vs. Joomla being different appeared to be the cause which was resolved once the ID's were sync'd. I see how very important this is. Wish there were a way to disable the Joomla User Management, or to redirect it's admin user manager to CB's user manager, so I don't accidentally make updates in the wrong place.

Your help is appreciated!!!

Webmuse

WebMuse G

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn