[SOLVED] Manually adding a new field on CB

13 years 9 months ago #138290 by cliffvt
Can anyone help me with advice on how to manually add a new field on the CB user table please?

I am not able to add it thorugh the admin back-end as I use Mambo and am geting the dreaded "blank screen" when trying to add a new field.

There has to be a way of adding it manually. I can easily add it through PHPMYADMIN but i'm sure that there must be some table classes or something else to be updated..

Any help would be most appreciated, please!

Cheers

Cliff

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/21 16:10

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #138295 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Manually adding a new field on CB
cliffvt wrote:

Can anyone help me with advice on how to manually add a new field on the CB user table please?

I am not able to add it thorugh the admin back-end as I use Mambo and am geting the dreaded "blank screen" when trying to add a new field.

There has to be a way of adding it manually. I can easily add it through PHPMYADMIN but i'm sure that there must be some table classes or something else to be updated..

Any help would be most appreciated, please!

Cheers

Cliff

Dreaded blank screen is most likely due to php memory issue and is discussed in FAQ article.

Did you try fixes there?
Did you look in your website error log like the Help Us Help You link calls for?

What exact versions of CB and Mambo are you using?

Please upgrade to CB 1.2.3 and post in CB 1.2.3 area not the CB 1.2.1 area you posted in.

13 years 9 months ago #138334 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic Re:Manually adding a new field on CB
OK, this is SOLVED! Turns out there was a CB Plugin called "CB Public Mail" installed but not published.

As soon as I deleted the plugin, adding a new field works fine!

Taken me a year to figure that one out, thankfully.

Cheers

Cliff

Post edited by: cliffvt, at: 2010/07/20 22:43

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.541 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn