Password prompts inconsistent

13 years 8 months ago #139213 by NickOg
Password prompts inconsistent was created by NickOg
Hi,

I have had to look at the valid passwords in comprofiler. The default prompt (in english.php) states that one must use a mix of alpha/numeric/special and no spaces. That isn't true. One can use spaces. I have tried using one of the other supplied rules but that seems to be too restrictive. I tried using PERL but that caused some odd error message about failed to create jos_users. So I decided to live with the default but to change the messages to suit. I have done that in english.php (and in default.php) so that it just asks for a minimum of 6 characters. That works fine except if you anter less than 6 characters. In that case, the original message (alpha, numeral, special and no space) pops up.

Where else is the message defined? I assume that it comes from some javascript area.

Regards

Nick
Post edited by: NickOg, at: 2010/08/03 00:10

Post edited by: NickOg, at: 2010/08/03 00:13
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #139216 by NickOg
Replied by NickOg on topic Re:Password prompts inconsistent
ached a copy of the jos-users error message

Attachment PasswordChangeError.zip not found

Attachments:

13 years 8 months ago #139243 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Password prompts inconsistent
Please upgrade to CB 1.2.3, we do not provide support for previous releases as your issue is likely already addressed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139333 by NickOg
Replied by NickOg on topic Re:Password prompts inconsistent
Hello Kyle, Fair enough but I am already on CB 1.2.3 as you can see from the attached screen shot.

Regards

Nick

Attachment version.zip not found

Attachments:

13 years 8 months ago #139369 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Password prompts inconsistent
CB will define that string if it isn't already defined. You will need to alter it in Joomla or CB. The following are defines used in the JS popup.

_REGISTER_PASS
_VALID_AZ09
_REGWARN_VPASS2

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn