registration using CB from command line

13 years 7 months ago #139865 by qneal78710
registration using CB from command line was created by qneal78710
Here is the issue. Can I take a text file with a list of users with all relevant information and create a script to upload those users to my server from command line?

If I can, then will they automatically be a CB user or just users on my server?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #139874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:registration using CB from command line
No, you should use CB Juice to import users, which will allow import by way of CSV files (or more, never used it).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #139897 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic Re:registration using CB from command line
so to make sure I'm understanding this...I cannot just create a user from my command line in unix and expect that user to be able to login to my joomla website right or atleast the user won't be a CB user correct?

13 years 7 months ago #139949 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:registration using CB from command line
qneal78710 wrote:

so to make sure I'm understanding this...I cannot just create a user from my command line in unix and expect that user to be able to login to my joomla website right or atleast the user won't be a CB user correct?

Correct, inserting a user via database is not the only necessary step for creating users. There are numerous procedures in place. CB does provide an API to create users, which you can review its usage in document subscriber Facebook and Twitter plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn