[SOLVED] Joomla does not take the lang on profile

14 years 1 month ago #123140 by jeccenter
When users (in their user profile TAB) change the language, nothing happens in the system.
The user saves the changes OK (and the changes remains in the user profile) and when he returns to login, the system joomla always takes the default language.
I have installed correctly (I believe) spanish and the default language, in cb:
com_profiler/plugin/language/default_language/...
com_profiler/plugin/language/spanish/...

and
in Joomla as well.
en-GB
es_ES

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/08 18:04

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #123340 by krileon
Could you please provide me with the location of the language files you've installed and are using or attach them via 1 zip file in your original post or reply? Am attempting to duplicate your issue. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #123364 by jeccenter
Estimated friend, thanks for answering!

I also use Joomfish, Kunena Forum and Seminar (events).

Tell me if need to send something more.

Good luck on your research!
I really appreciate your help. Jorge

Attachment files_in_my_root.zip not found

Attachments:

14 years 1 month ago #123435 by krileon
jeccenter wrote:

Estimated friend, thanks for answering!

I also use Joomfish, Kunena Forum and Seminar (events).

Tell me if need to send something more.

Good luck on your research!
I really appreciate your help. Jorge

Attachment files_in_my_root.zip not found

Hmm, issue appears the Joomla Spanish language files do not have a valid XML file which would result in Joomla and CB not seeing them correctly. Could you please provide the install package you used to install this language or did you simply extract them to the language/ directory?

Does not appear to be anything wrong with the CB language file. Joomfish handles language translations, correct? I've no experience with this extension so can't comment on its usage am afraid. :(

Joomla provides an installable Spanish language extension found here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #123758 by jeccenter
Thanks for your suggestion. Following this, the problem occurs when installing joomfish before or after installing cb. I have read in forums is an ongoing problem. I've resolved by redirecting the page according to the selected language by changing a little mod_cblogin.php. So, the solution is not the best, but have not found one better by now.
Thank you very much for your help and concern on this topic.
Jorge

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.831 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn