[SOLVED] Completed registration - log in module

14 years 2 months ago #123415 by chrisyork
I've had some feedback from a user of a site asking whether it is possible to place the login module on the page that is displayed when they confirm their email address (i.e. before first login). At present my site just shows the message:

"Your account is now active. You may now log in!"

The breadcrumb link to the home page is not active for some reason, so there is no easy way to navigate to the home page where the login module is displayed.

I realise that this is because I don't show the login module on every page, so this page can't be selected under the module options, but it would seem a sensible addition or modification of CB to include the login module as part of this confirmation page.

Any ideas how I might implement this (I'm not a programmer but could update a php file given the appropriate code...)

Hoping you can help
Cheers

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/03 18:47

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #123433 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Completed registration - log in module
Unfortunately no you can't add the login module within this page, BUT it is possible to add a link to the login page within the message if that's sufficient for you? Please see the following in order to accomplish this.

In: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php
On: Line 246
[code:1]
DEFINE('_UE_USER_CONFIRMED','Your account is now active. You may now log in!');
[/code:1]
To:
[code:1]
DEFINE('_UE_USER_CONFIRMED','Your account is now active. You may now <a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login">log in</a>!');
[/code:1]

Please report back your results if the change successfully accomplishes your needs. B)

You could also change the link to whatever you prefer; it does not have to link to the login page.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/02 17:43

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #123511 by chrisyork
Kyle,

Thanks for this suggestion, it works as a good substitute. As a result I have also altered the 'Registration Process Complete' text to include a link to the home page, which was also troubling me (I added it as line 202 - to extend the _UE_REG_COMPLETE_CONF:

[code:1].'<p><a href="index.php">Return to the home page</a></p>');[/code:1]

This means that people aren't left stranded once they have registered.

I recommend adding your code to future releases as it is likely to be beneficial to others who don't display the login module on every page.

Appreciate your help and the tools to make useful changes!
Cheers
Chris

Post edited by: chrisyork, at: 2010/02/03 11:34

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn