Deleting an account

14 years 2 months ago #123467 by Kid_Pharma
Deleting an account was created by Kid_Pharma
Hi! I have a question; it’s kind of practical and philosophical at the same time. Hope that I am posting in the right forum. I have CB version 1.2 stable.

In the profile page, where a registered user can modify his information, should we give him the right for deleting his account?

1) If so, is there a plug-in to do such a thing that I can program into the page or what would be the best way of doing it?
2) If not, should we give him the possibility of emailing the admin, let’s say in order to have his/her account deleted?
3) Or we just don’t talk about it and rely on what could be said in the Terms of use page.

I’m kind of curious to see how you guys would handle this topic.

Tx for your input.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #123474 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Deleting an account
It's possible to allow a user to delete their own accounts using a plugin, but out of the box CB does not provide this functionality.

Easiest approach without development work would be to have them email you for their account to be deleted.

All 3 options are viable and good options; it's entirely up to you which you prefer to do. ;)

Ranked your options based off how much maintenance they'd require and how much work invested to accomplish them.
  1. No Maintenance; Extensive work.
  2. Some Maintenance; Moderate Work.
  3. No Maintenance; Little Work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn