Fatal error after moving to new server

14 years 1 month ago #125637 by rendition
Fatal error after moving to new server was created by rendition
My hosting provider moved my account from one server to another, and they assured me nothing would change. My Joomla site seems to work as usual, but Community Builder does not. All CB pages throw the following error now:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line xxxx

I changed the line number to 'xxxx' becuase this number changes based on what CB page your are hitting. This error occurs in the front end and the admin side as well.

I did some basic DB maintenance like optimizing tables and whatnot, but the problem persists. Does anyone know what I can do, short of reinstalling everything?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #125640 by conwayjd
Replied by conwayjd on topic Re:Fatal error after moving to new server
Locate your resource limits in your php.ini file and add this:

memory_limit = 18M

Post edited by: conwayjd, at: 2010/03/02 05:01

14 years 1 month ago #125641 by rendition
Replied by rendition on topic Re:Fatal error after moving to new server
While I appreciate the advice, it doesn't really point to what changed when the host moved my account. I mean the site worked great on the other server, when the limit was 16M. The problem happened immediately upon moving the account, which speaks to a different problem.

14 years 1 month ago #125642 by conwayjd
You were asking for a solution, not the cause.
Good luck...

14 years 1 month ago #125644 by rendition
Replied by rendition on topic Re:Fatal error after moving to new server
Your right. Let me then ask for some insight into the cause, so that we can better determine the solution.

One theory that I have is that tables were left open before the virtual host was moved from one machine to another. Although the machines are identical, the open tables may have problems now, on a new instance of MySQL.

I have tried to FLUSH the tables, only to find that I do not have RELOAD privileges on the database. SO I have asked my hosting provider to do a FLUSH, and to up the PHP memory limit. I will let you know what happens.

Post edited by: rendition, at: 2010/03/02 06:11

14 years 1 month ago #125646 by conwayjd
Please let me know the solution when resolved.

They could be working the bugs out of the new system after the transfer.
Did you try syncing the profiles?

Uping the mem to 32 worked for me when I encountered this issue. (Not CB related though)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn